• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Difficulties with Flash

Share/Bookmark

Difficulties with Flash

I split this thread to deal with any issues people may be experiencing with Flash which is required for the playable scores.

Gary Garritan

Exclamation Re: Difficulties with Flash

I think the course is a great idea. Unfortunately, I find no buttons or links to play any of the sound files, just the line that says click the button below for the sound.

I'll try a couple of different browsers on a different machine later today. Do you have any ideas as to why this is not working?

Richard Smith
    www.rgsmithmusic.com

Re: Difficulties with Flash

Quote Originally Posted by rgsmith
    I think the course is a great idea. Unfortunately, I find no buttons or links to play any of the sound files, just the line that says click the button below for the sound.

I'll try a couple of different browsers on a different machine later today. Do you have any ideas as to why this is not working?

Richard Smith
    www.rgsmithmusic.com
    Richard,

You should be seeing flash-enabled scores. It could be that you need to clear your cache or just refresh. Or it could be a slow server/connection and just try again.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    You should be seeing flash-enabled scores. It could be that you need to clear your cache or just refresh. Or it could be a slow server/connection and just try again.

Gary Garritan
    I have tried refresh and also turning off pop up filters. This laptop shares the same (wireless) network as a desktop that works correctly with either IE 7 (beta) or Firefox. I've got plenty of RAM (1.2 GB). I will continue to try and find the problem but probably will just use the desktop; it's got better sound anyway.

I did two lessons today and like the course very much. Thanks so much for providing this resource. Now if you could just get the Samuel Adler...

Richard Smith
    www.rgsmithmusic.com

Richard, just go to Amazon.com and buy the 6 CD's that go with the Adler book and you have it. The CD's cover most of the examples in the book and the set is something like $99 usd, but sometimes it is on sale for around $79 usd.

You might also want to get the workbook that goes with it, too, so that you can test your assimilation of what is covered in the book.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by rgsmith
    I have tried refresh and also turning off pop up filters. This laptop shares the same (wireless) network as a desktop that works correctly with either IE 7 (beta) or Firefox. I've got plenty of RAM (1.2 GB). I will continue to try and find the problem but probably will just use the desktop; it's got better sound anyway.
    Richrd,
    Make sure you have the latest Flash Player in your browser installed. You can download the latest Flash Players here.

Gary Garritan

Thanks for the suggestion. I have downloaded the latest player several times. This is a school owned laptop. It's probably something IT put on it to protect me from myself! They are so smart. I'm glad I have them to hold my hand. My desktop works quite well so I'll just use it.

But I do hate to do battle with a computer and lose. THIS IS NOT OVER YET!!

Richard Smith
    www.rgsmithmusic.com

This is my first post here, so, first of all - Hi! I'm just diving into the first lessons, and it looks great.

Anyway, the Flash movies in Lessons 1&2 don't work for me in Firefox. They are just black. I have the latest version of Flash, and the interactive scores work just fine... and the movies DO work in IE. So, it's not a huge deal, but kindof a shame - and I wonder if the problem is with Firefox itself, or if other FF users can see the movies and the problem is simply with my system?

-Robin

Hi Robin,
    I just started using Firefox on my PC and the scores have been working fine in it.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by benhillyard
    Hi Robin,
    I just started using Firefox on my PC and the scores have been working fine in it.

Ben
    Hi Ben, sorry if I was confusing. The scores also work for me in FF. What doesn't work are the little videos in Lessons 1&2 - like the violin section playing, and so forth. Like I said, hardly a critical part of the lesson, but I wanted to point it out. Do the videos work for you?

-Robin

Go Back to forum