• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaPulse PRO NFX affecting channels it's not assigned to.

Share/Bookmark

GigaPulse PRO NFX affecting channels it's not assigned to.

Here's the issue: If I setup GigaPulse PRO NFX as an insert effect on either an input channel or a group channel (say 1,2) and then proceed to setup another instance (on for instance 3,4 or 5,6) suddenly the instruments that were assigned to 1,2 start metering and outputing through the second instance instead! I've replicated this in several projects and it completely killed my compositional energy for the night trying to debug it.

It's now 7:59AM PST and I'm looking at the sun but no music as my ideas have long since evaporated amidst troubleshooting. Anyway, I'm going to get some sleep but if somebody knows what's causing this and how to fix it, I'd love some help.

Re: GigaPulse PRO NFX affecting channels it's not assigned to.

Is this in GS3, or are you using the VST in a DAW?

If it's in GS3, tell me the steps you took, and I'll try it out. Maybe I'll confirm a bug. Maybe I'll find where you took a wrong turn. And maybe it's a bug with a workaround.

I'm using GS3 Orchestra v 3.12 on Windows XP Pro.

I fixed a typo from my first post: I meant GigaPulse Pro NFX, not VST.

Per,

Try investigating your mic to mixer routing in gigapulse: You may have whichever mics are turned on routed to the next set of outs (if you are using the "wide" mics, gigapulse (i think) will default to this condition.

Belbin

Per,

Please let me know how you're routing the signal. I use GigaPulse a lot, and haven't had the problem you mention. I can try to replicate it here, and let you know if I get the same response, or if I find the solution to the problem.

*Smacks own head.*

Thanks to both of you for your help. It's amazing how basic common sense goes out the window when there's a family emergency. Switching the routing from 7.1 to True Stero with GigaPulse seems to have fixed it. Thanks a lot!

Glad to hear that you've solved the routing problem. Hopefully, you've solved the family emergency problem as well. The "basic common sense" problem? If you solve that one let me know the trick!

All the best...

Go Back to forum