• Register
  • Help

Topic: K2 - How to get rid of surround channels?

Share/Bookmark

Question K2 - How to get rid of surround channels?

Hi all

When I load K2 (in Cubase SX2), it always loads the surround output channels along with the relevant number of stereo outputs. Since I never use Surround, it just ends up clogging up my mixer screen in Cubase. Is there a way of defining what outputs there are?

Many thanks in advance!

Len

Re: K2 - How to get rid of surround channels?

In Kontakt 2, click Outputs, select surround channels, click Delete Channel, click Make Default. It works in the standalone, I suppose it will work in Cubase as well.

Hi Nickie

Thanks for that tip. I have done that, but even though I relaunch Cubase with the Surround outputs deleted, they all still show up (e.g. "Kt. Surr. 2" and so on) in my mixer in Cubase. Given that I usually only use one stereo output that is a real pain.

Cheers

Len

I agree. bump.

I've just posted this on the NI Forum - will report back if I get a response.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Len
    I've just posted this on the NI Forum - will report back if I get a response.

Cheers!

thats cool, thanks. its really annoying to have the whole cubasemixer full of channels which you dont need...

edit: have a nice gig tonite btw! i really dig your music. nice chords and a very pleasant way of singing

Hey Gigalove - thanks for the compliment! The gig was fantastic - a nice club, with over 500 in the audience.

Anyway - I did get one response, which said:

"Doing the config change and make default is the right way. You also have to remove all your K2 instances from your VST rack and then reload them to make the default kick in on previously saved projects."

That makes sense, but I have to go home and try it tonight.

Cheers!

Len

Go Back to forum