• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Please sell Stormdrum to me

Share/Bookmark

Cool Please sell Stormdrum to me

I'm trying to convince myself I need Stormdrum - actually it's more a case of convincing my wife, since I just bought RA, and she's also very conscious of how many libraries I seem to have tucked away in my studio.

In terms of percussion I already have VSL, the Ultimate Timps, Ultimate Percussion, Atsia, all the Gtown stuff, and Afrocuban percussion. I'm also not very big on using loops. Can anyone wax lyrical about what I'm still missing?

Re: Please sell Stormdrum to me

I think it's OK to mention StormDrum here as long as you don't mention Sandsanlane! I'm like you...... I resisted the Group Buy, rightly or wrongly, and have similar reservations about loops.....but a lot of folk use them very successfully.

I'm also 'better' than you as I've also resisted the RA offer up to now!

Frank

Beef. If you want beef, buy SD. I guarantee that you WILL NOT be disappointed by it. I use it in nearly all of my projects, but haven't touched the loops in months, so it is very appealing to those who do not use loops.

Sean Beeson

It's an impressive library and I don't use the loops part of it. Plenty of big percussion geared towards film/tv scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    I'm trying to convince myself I need Stormdrum - actually it's more a case of convincing my wife, since I just bought RA, and she's also very conscious of how many libraries I seem to have tucked away in my studio.

In terms of percussion I already have VSL, the Ultimate Timps, Ultimate Percussion, Atsia, all the Gtown stuff, and Afrocuban percussion. I'm also not very big on using loops. Can anyone wax lyrical about what I'm still missing?
    To be honest you sound more or less like your covered in except for some of the big-~~~ stuff -especialy if you dont intend to use the loops. So unless you need BIG right now you might want to wait for TrueStrike 2 which will likely cover similar ground, cheaper, and with no loops. I love StormDrum, and as Sean says it can hardly dissapoint if your into cinematic percussion, but you might have better alternatives soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    To be honest you sound more or less like your covered in except for some of the big-~~~ stuff -especialy if you dont intend to use the loops. So unless you need BIG right now you might want to wait for TrueStrike 2 which will likely cover similar ground, cheaper, and with no loops. I love StormDrum, and as Sean says it can hardly dissapoint if your into cinematic percussion, but you might have better alternatives soon.
    I don't know but there's just something about that word that really hits the spot for me......it's the Scottish genes I suppose..........

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    I don't know but there's just something about that word that really hits the spot for me......it's the Scottish genes I suppose..........

Frank
    It must be a British thing, cause that word's the first thing I noticed too...

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    I'm trying to convince myself I need Stormdrum
    Yeah it's good.

Just so long as 'cheaper' is not a word clients use! I wish! In the immortal words of Fawlty Towers, "it's cheap, because it's no bloody good!!"

Just checked......Truestrike is only for Halion and Gigastudio but you can get a Halion player version which solves that one.......however, another interface to learn.

Perhaps Truestrike 2 will be for Kontakt too? Kontakt is the most populaire sampler at the moment; isn't it?

Just reminiscing........Maarten Spruijt's music for films were amongst the first musical creations I heard when I got interested in the high quality sample business. He's a really decent composer and I remember being severly impressed at the time. I have his French Horns but haven't been to his site for a long time......

Frank

PS To be fair StormDrum is available at a very tempting price these days.....

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    Stormdrum costs $199 at Sandsanlane Truestrike 1 339 euros. You think Truestrike 2 is gonna be cheaper than Stormdrum? I would have thought it would cost more than Truestrike 1.

Go Back to forum