• Register
  • Help

Topic: Why did you buy GPO?

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Why did you buy GPO?

Why! Why! Why did you do this do me? No, really folks your on the air!
    What was it that prompted you to purchase GPO and Garritan's other products? I know for me it was the fact that my blender wasn't giving me the sounds I needed in the mix and the idea of building your own string sections was inspirational. Not to mention $249 seemed to be a crazy price for such quality and the rest of my thousand would go toward a new system. Of course, that new system has proven to be a new pain in the ace but that's not the point here. As a matter of fact ... what was the pernt? Kuk kuk kuk kuk I yams what I yams!
    Hemingway, feel free to bounce this topic into a major concussion but not of political yet of argumentative toward products.
    What? What's he saying? What word didn't you understand? Me thinksk me go now and leave you to blow this topic into gigantical proportions!
    Did I mention I love Garritan products but not whale oil? No need for whale oil thank God.
    Now back to our regular scchhhheduled program...
    Styxx

Re: Why did you buy GPO?

I bought JABB after a long journey looking for good sounds of brass and wind instruments. Tried a lot of others, but never been satisfied. So I waited long for JABB to come to Sweden, and I guess I must have been one of the first to get it here.

BTW Styxx... the quoted words below might offend some sensitive swedish readers....
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Kuk kuk kuk kuk I yams what I yams!

Quote Originally Posted by engson
    BTW Styxx... the quoted words below might offend some sensitive swedish readers....
    Popeye? Never hoid of Popeye? Offend? I think the Swedish are more mature and can recognize humor when they read it. If not, then maybe this is more appropriate - Nuk Nuk Nuk Woobwoobwoob! Oh, a wise guy eh? Hmmmmmmmmm!
    No offense intendededededededededed!

Thanks for sharing.
    Styxx

I had been waiting for GPO for 42 years. It seemed only natural that I actually purchase it after that.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Quote Originally Posted by Skysaw
    I had been waiting for GPO for 42 years. It seemed only natural that I actually purchase it after that.
    Me too, the best thing I ever did...

Why did I buy GPO?

Well I was young (er)....it was a lovely night....one thing led to another..........and I'm weak.........

Still it WAS exciting for a long time after it came out..........quite a revelation and leap at the time......Ho Hummmm......

Actually it wasn't to let it sit in its box as it has along with all the other stuff I've bought!!!

Frank

PS I've got a lot of treats coming..........

If I remember right, I was just looking for song competitions. I had just entered one and was wondering what a good film orchestration sounded like, so I searched other competitions. The orchestration challenge came up and I found it amazing that it was possible to do orchestras so realistically on the computer (I was listening to Knights and Magic). Paul Hopkin's work (Camel Caravan) and Elephantopia sealed the deal with me because I try to go for a more modern style and these demonstrated effects that could be used. Now I'm stuck with several gigabytes on my harddrives full of instruments...and I love it!

I still need to learn how to humanize my music, though...
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Go Back to forum