Topic: "Grande Valse"

Share/Bookmark

"Grande Valse"

Removed Removed
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Grande Valse"

Good morning, Larry,

What a way to wake up in the morning...I think this just gave me enough energy to make my coffee. You know what, Larry? I wish you would post more orchestral work. As much as I enjoy your piano and harpsichord pieces... your clarinet kicked my butt. Very agile writing... and when does the player have time to breath? Good Lord, I'm just a poor guitarist, and I nearly ran out of breath for him.

I know that I have asked you this before, but what scoring program are you using?

Anyway... keep writing!!
    Paul

Prowland the posting Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Prowland
    Good morning, Larry,

What a way to wake up in the morning...I think this just gave me enough energy to make my coffee. You know what, Larry? I wish you would post more orchestral work. As much as I enjoy your piano and harpsichord pieces... your clarinet kicked my butt. Very agile writing... and when does the player have time to breath? Good Lord, I'm just a poor guitarist, and I nearly ran out of breath for him.

I know that I have asked you this before, but what scoring program are you using?

Anyway... keep writing!!
    There is a method of breathing whereby the player "steals" a bit of time from a note at the end of a phrase and takes a quick breath. This makes it possible to play practically anything. I first was taught how to do this decades ago.

I click everything into my Sonar 5 sequencing software one note at a time. I don't use a scoring program.

Thanks for listening.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    There is a method of breathing whereby the player "steals" a bit of time from a note at the end of a phrase and takes a quick breath. This makes it possible to play practically anything. I first was taught how to do this decades ago.

I click everything into my Sonar 5 sequencing software one note at a time. I don't use a scoring program.

Thanks for listening.

LGA
    Hi Larry!

I also like your orchestral pieces. This is another fine composition by you, Larry!

By the way, thank you for sharing that insightful piece of information about the breathing technique used by wood wind players. I didn't know! Very, very cool, Larry!

Also. . . I also didn't know that you input one your music one note at a time. (I knew that you used the Sonar program.) Talk about a labor of love!

A good friend of mine also does the same thing. (He's also a Sonar user, by the way! ) His name is Steve Tracey. Great guy! He's one of our small hospital's ER physicians. His first degree is in music! (There's a modest number of us composers/musicians who are also healthcare professionals!) Besides being a great ER doc, he's a great composer (when he has the time to compose). Clicks in one note at a time. This is amazing to me. Steve doesn't even write down his music beforehand. He, amazingly, composes/arranges from the ideas in his head to the computer via the mouse clicker. His works are quite good!

I don't think I have the patience to click in one note at a time. Heck, even using the keyboard to input the music drives me nuts sometimes!!! It takes me hours and hours and hours just to sequence one music project.

. . . And it seems like you compose one composition per minute!

Very cool, Larry!

Thank you for sharing your music. Your compositions and sequencing are truly a labor of love!!

Cheers!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Thank you for this nice message, Theodore. I really appreciate it.

Brass players use this breathing technique too.

You are one of the nicest dudes I know! I appreciate your support.

My best,

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Great piece, LGA!! Very nice handle on the orchestra... great melody and great counterpoint! I especially love the melody that comes in at 2:04... WONDERFUL! I wish I could play the clarinet well enough to play this... maybe someday. Bravo! It's a pleasure as always to listen to your work!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Great piece, LGA!! Very nice handle on the orchestra... great melody and great counterpoint! I especially love the melody that comes in at 2:04... WONDERFUL! I wish I could play the clarinet well enough to play this... maybe someday. Bravo! It's a pleasure as always to listen to your work!
    I appreciate your comments, Mr. Moderator. Many thanks.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum