• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Studio and Cubase SX3 query

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Studio and Cubase SX3 query

Hi,
    this may seem a bit a of a dumb question. Mostly I use JABB and GPO with Cubase SX3 by setting them up independantly as VST instruments with the VST instruments panel. However last night I got to messing around with the Garritan Studio application as I noticed that this shows up as a MIDI output
    in cubase in the individual track outputs section.

However the new style Garritan Studio doesn't seem to work with Cubase SX3 in this manner very successfully. Once any instruments are loaded in it - it tends to disable the BEEP output from the metronome in Cubase and also has a tendancy to crash windows XP when you exit either Garritan Studio or Cubase SX3. Generally the system seems a bit unstable when I run the two applications together.

Am I therefore using the Garritan Studio in the wrong manner? I note from the original documentation that it is primarily intended for use with notation programs and I don't see much reference to it being used with Cubase SX3.

It doesn't mater overmuch because if load the GPO and JABB instruments via the VST panel in Cubase all is pretty much fine. Is there an associated dll for the Garittan Studio application? If so I am not finding it in my VST plugins folder within the Steinberg parent folder for Cubase.

Any comments gratefully received
    Thanks
    Simon

Re: Garritan Studio and Cubase SX3 query

Hello

Are you by any chance using the same ASIO driver in both apps?
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue)
    Hello

Are you by any chance using the same ASIO driver in both apps?
    Hello David,

I do have the same problem with the new Studio v2.0 - it doesn't work with Cubase, but even with notation programs (Sibelius) and old sequencers (Voyetra) where the original v1.2 worked pretty well. What has technically changed with the new release? Only you can help, because of only know it!

Thanks a lot, Petr

Quote Originally Posted by Simon56
    Hi,
    this may seem a bit a of a dumb question. Mostly I use JABB and GPO with Cubase SX3 by setting them up independantly as VST instruments with the VST instruments panel. However last night I got to messing around with the Garritan Studio application as I noticed that this shows up as a MIDI output
    in cubase in the individual track outputs section.

However the new style Garritan Studio doesn't seem to work with Cubase SX3 in this manner very successfully. Once any instruments are loaded in it - it tends to disable the BEEP output from the metronome in Cubase and also has a tendancy to crash windows XP when you exit either Garritan Studio or Cubase SX3. Generally the system seems a bit unstable when I run the two applications together.

Am I therefore using the Garritan Studio in the wrong manner? I note from the original documentation that it is primarily intended for use with notation programs and I don't see much reference to it being used with Cubase SX3.

It doesn't mater overmuch because if load the GPO and JABB instruments via the VST panel in Cubase all is pretty much fine. Is there an associated dll for the Garittan Studio application? If so I am not finding it in my VST plugins folder within the Steinberg parent folder for Cubase.

Any comments gratefully received
    Thanks
    Simon
    Hi Simon,

I e-mailed David and the solution is simply: you should use the newest build, i.e. 0005. I'll ask Gary about posting it on his web.

Thanks, David.
    Petr

Thanks very much on this. Are you talking of Gary's 'personal website' separate from the official Garitan one?

I only see build 002 for the studio posted here. Would you be kind enough to let me know of the link where I can get the latest build when it is posted.

Thanks for your efforts
    Simon

Go Back to forum