• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 Registration gripes - Suggestions please

Share/Bookmark

GS3 Registration gripes - Suggestions please

This is probably a cow that can be milked no further, but I figured I'd come here and ask regardless.

The short backstory: I have been flown halfway across the US to score a film, and I brought my equipment with me. My GS computer decided to crap out for various reasons which I won't go into here. Three motherboards and two days of troubleshooting later, the computer finally boots and all is well. Almost.

I install GS3 and attempt to restore my backed up license. It didn't restore, and instead gave me a new registration number, which I sent in online to get a registration key. Oh yeah, the 10-day grace period didn't exist for some reason, either. Really not sure what happened there. All I know is that I'm ready to start scoring and I'm having to wait for the Commadore 64 registration server over at Tascam to send me a registration key back.

I guess my question is if it still does registrations on the weekends, and how long does it typically take? I'm going to be fit to be tied if I don't get the key by Monday morning when tech support reopens.

Thanks for any info you may provide,
    Jonathan

Re: GS3 Registration gripes - Suggestions please

If it's that urgent, call 'em when the open Monday Morning. It's the best way to guarantee that you get through and get the number. I think they open at 9am PDT, but check the website to be sure...

Quote Originally Posted by JFranklin
    I guess my question is if it still does registrations on the weekends, and how long does it typically take? I'm going to be fit to be tied if I don't get the key by Monday morning when tech support reopens.

Thanks for any info you may provide,
    Jonathan
    Yes it does work on the weekend. At one time it didn't. Because of that I've had too many authorizations when I first installed it. I got 5 emails on a Monday-same hardware but different authorizaion numbers. (go figure)
    But it does now work on the weekends. People have problems of the email with the authorization getting tossed into the junk mail folder.

Thanks for the responses guys. As it turned out, the registration key came Monday morning. I'm still a few days behind on a tight schedule, but at least it came.

I kept checking my junk mail just in case, but it came to my regular inbox when it finally did come. I still think it's a little rediculous that in this modern day of computing they can't set up a server that can respond more quickly than it does. I sent the info on Saturday and received the response on Monday. I'd really like to know what that computer was doing for two whole days, on a weekend no less.

In any case, I appreciate the fact there are people on this forum who will take a couple minutes and write back. Thanks guys.

Go Back to forum