• Register
  • Help

Topic: Double stops and multiphonics impossible? (using Finale 2006 and GPO)

Share/Bookmark

Double stops and multiphonics impossible? (using Finale 2006 and GPO)

I have several pieces I have on Finale 2006 and all double stops and multi phonics only play one note on those certain instruments.

I tried looking up the "double stop" tutorial but it seems far more suited to a sampler program than Finale. Is there some setting or plug in that allows instruments to play double stops/multiphonics on Finale?

Thanks for any help,
    Wesley

Re: Double stops and multiphonics impossible? (using Finale 2006 and GPO)

To play double stops, make sure polyphony > 1 in the Kontakt Player. It is the rightmost small box below CPU usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    To play double stops, make sure polyphony > 1 in the Kontakt Player. It is the rightmost small box below CPU usage.
    Thanks (tak?) - that was what I needed to know. It was set to 4 (like it should be for strings) but wasn't playing 2 notes in SOME cases, but it was in most cases - so it means the problem is in Finale.

A question for Moogie: How are you notating the 'multiphonics'?

I have used this technique when writing for 'real' instruments, but was not aware that it was possible in Finale. I am curious.

Question Re: Double stops and multiphonics impossible? (using Finale 2006 and GPO)

Quote Originally Posted by Moogie X. Fashbaw
    I have several pieces I have on Finale 2006 and all double stops and multi phonics only play one note on those certain instruments.

I tried looking up the "double stop" tutorial but it seems far more suited to a sampler program than Finale. Is there some setting or plug in that allows instruments to play double stops/multiphonics on Finale?

Thanks for any help,
    Wesley
    Are you trying to write multiphonics for woodwinds or brass? I'm not sure those are even implemented in GPO (not to mention Finale)...

Grant
    ==============================
    Grant Green ||| www.contrabass.com
    Sarrusophones and other seismic devices

Go Back to forum