• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: JABB/Kontakt 2 Scripts by Mike Moscariello

Share/Bookmark

JABB/Kontakt 2 Scripts by Mike Moscariello

We're proud to announce that Mike Moscariello has offered to share his work with the Garritan community! We will be hosting his files for anyone who would like to access these great tools.

Here is the script:

http://www.garritan.com/support/JABB-GPO-KSP-1-2.zip

For those of you with Kontakt 2, Mike has created a KSP Script suite to help control and humanize instrument performances through easy to use graphic interfaces. Some of them automate repetative tasks, or expose the sometimes obscure CC controls through easy to tweak knobs. Others allow you to shape the timbre of an instrument to accentuate its place in a mix. There are also some handy 'Lite' instrument patches included, plus demonstration of using the "Bass Space" convolution insert effect to fill out instrument sounds nicely.

The JABB Sax & Brass Script enables the dynamic control of the instrument's legato playing, vibrato, tuning and timbre and static settings such as tone and air noise. The script includes four views of controls: Legato, Humanize, Settings and Vibrato plus a Help view.

Again, we're happy to see users helping each other out and sharing their work with the community at large.

Thanks, Mike!

Gary Garritan

Re: JABB/Kontakt 2 Scripts by Mike Moscariello

Hey, that's some neat stuff: thanks for sharing, Mike!

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Gary - Thanks for hosting these scripts for me. I should point out that all the functions of the JABB Sax & Brass Script except vibrato work with the GPO woodwinds and brass as well. Their is also a Solo String KS script that will switch the string articulations based on velocity and note duration.

Markleford - glad you like these - you know most of these functions could be implimented in MFX Plugins (hint, hint)

Thanks a lot for the script Mike.
    I havent had a chance to go into any great detail, but on cursory examination it looks like a real beaut.

I havent had any luck getting it to play with vibrato yet. I used your custom presets, but alas, no dice. I probably need to RTFM again.

regards Joe

Joe,

For most of the instruments a rate setting in the 60s and a depth in the 20s should produce a moderate vibrato. Also the vibrato offset value is dependant on the BPM in the MasterKontrol set to the songs tempo. The random mode produces a humanized even vibrato if you're not hearing it try the increase menu option Hope this helps

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MMOSC
    Markleford - glad you like these - you know most of these functions could be implimented in MFX Plugins (hint, hint)
    Yes, this is true! I've considered a lot of the same stuff (and am glad I at least did AutoLegato), but sort of balk when thinking that MFX is waning in comparison to VST-MIDI, and even KSP is gaining ground: did you see that the Kontakt 2.1.1 release now does MIDI Out?

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

I saw the Midi Out in the read me file but haven't found the setting in Kontakt. It's a good sign NI fixed the change_vol function in 2.1.1 but the KSP still falls short compared to MFX & VST. A lot more could be accomplished if NI supplied the note durations in the on note callback, and why they don't support scripting aftertouch is beyond me. I thought about putting some of these functions in MFX plugins, as I built COM objects for a living about 8 years ago but I don't have the patience for that kind of development anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by joaz
    Thanks a lot for the script Mike.
    I havent had a chance to go into any great detail, but on cursory examination it looks like a real beaut.

I havent had any luck getting it to play with vibrato yet. I used your custom presets, but alas, no dice. I probably need to RTFM again.

regards Joe
    Joe,

Are you using Kontakt 2.1.1? If so it broke the custom patches. It doesn't seem to like both aftertouch and CC77 modulating the same parameters. If it's OK with Gary I should be able to send him an update to post over the weekend that will fix this.

Has the file been updated?

Quote Originally Posted by Collin
    Has the file been updated?
    Not Yet, I was getting inconsistant results between the different instruments so I'm not sure my answer to Joaz was accurate. Anyway I went in another direction replacing the vibrato function with the SIPS Vibrato. This seems to be a better solution as no manipulation of the patches are required and the SIPS vibrato is very good. However this is taking more time then anticipated last week.

Go Back to forum