• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 4 Days Until the Wedding

Share/Bookmark

4 Days Until the Wedding

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Well.....I"ve been gone, but I'm back (and the crowd says "oh no")

I'd like to thank all who participated at the bachelor party and the moving day, the day after. I now live in the big city of Bismarck, ND. Much prettier and less smellier than where I was. We got a great house and are sad that we will only be here for two years because of the great house. Maybe we can buy it and have a summer home while we live somewhere with an ocean and mountains.

We went to the "Bear's Den" in Shelly Minnesota...a favorite hangout of Ern's. just kidding to Ern's wife if you're listening.

We had 10 guys in the 20 passenger Hummer limo, so there was plenty of room for booze, which PaulR provided.

On the 1 hour drive up to the club, we spilled probably half of the booze on the floor..alcohol abuse at it's worst, creating a booze pool that we're pretty sure that Paul is still at the bottom of with his golf clubs. JonFairhurst decided that it would be a good time to swim laps in the booze pool and beat the 100 meter Glenfiddich world record.

Anyway, I could go on and on about the night a week ago, and make up a bunch of crazy ~~~~, but I'm drunk, and can't think anymore, except to say that I'm excited about the music at the wedding...

As it turns out, the organist just got hired to be an editor at a music publishing company, and likes the bridal march I wrote for my fiance'.
    The bagpiper is all set also. He will be playing "The Green Fields of Tyrol", "Amazing Grace" (in honor of the greatest Scott that ever lived, my grandpa), and "Highland Cathedral".

I hope all is well with y'all. This is a random, unorganized crap, as I am drunk and enjoying one of the last days in my new home alone as a bachelor.
    The countdown continues...yet I'm ready and excited to be married.

"By a lonely prison wall
    I heard a young girl calling
    Micheal they are taking you away
    For you stole Trevelyn's corn
    So the young might see the morn.
    Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay.

Low lie the Fields of Athenry
    Where once we watched the small free birds fly.
    Our love was on the wing we had dreams and songs to sing
    It's so lonely 'round the Fields of Athenry.

-2-
    By a lonely prison wall
    I heard a young man calling
    Nothing matter Mary when your free,
    Against the Famine and the Crown
    I rebelled they ran me down
    Now you must raise our child with dignity.

Chorus

-3-
    By a lonely harbor wall
    She watched the last star falling
    As that prison ship sailed out against the sky
    Sure she'll wait and hope and pray
    For her love in Botany Bay
    It's so lonely 'round the Fields of Athenry."

Re: 4 Days Until the Wedding

Well congratulations my dear fellow! Congratulations indeed.

It's actually my 30th anniversary next month (July 4th - huge irony there of course) and anyway, we were coming to the USA - but unfortunately there were lots of sudden family issues that had to be dealt with and are still ongoing - which is typical.

So have a good day - on the day, as it were.

Incidentally, how much does a house cost in Bismarck? And when you've settled - do let me know about that Hammond organ dealer in Bismarck and the Hammonds there.

I'll have to write you a waltz in the American style I think.

Congrats Dan! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

Edit: By the way. I told you I would let you know if my short film, THE RECE!PT would ever be up in your neck of the woods. Well...it will be up there on June 16-18 in the "Dakota of Bust Film Festival." Which is in Sturgis, South Dakota. But still relatively close "up there". I don't think I will be able to go to represent the film...but if you have a desire at all to take a day trip with your new wife and see an award winning homage to Run Lola Run...it will be there.

www.dakotaorbust.com is their website.

We should also have info and screening updates on www.thereceipt.com soon.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

But Ern,

It's not the asking price that matters. It's the selling price.

BTW, the asking price for my house is ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS, or best offer.

And Dan,

I hope you're head doesn't hurt too much today. Try eating dry toast and drinking plenty of fluids.

And your mailbox is full.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Santa Monica, CA. This house is selling for $1,100,000.

Bismarck, ND. This house is selling for $250,000.

Questions? Contact Ernstinen Realty.

Ern
    Amazing. The top one here would be worth about $400,000 after you've chucked the squatters out and redecorated - the bottom one would be about $1.2 million plus.

Thanks guys....and thanks for being tolerant of my recent drunken posts.

...and Brian, thanks for the update on the film. Sturgis, as you probably know, is where they hold the yearly motorcycle rally. We were in Bellfouche, S.D. on vacation when I was a kid. We went to a natural spring or pond or whatever to swim. The Hell's Angels showed up (it was during the week of the motorcycle rally), took off their clothes, and jumped right in. My parents didn't think it would be a good idea to argue at the time. So while I was actually baptized in a hospital sink by my dad, my second baptism was in water tainted by the Hell's Angels.....that probably explains a lot, I guess.

Incidentally, we are only going to be here for two years, and can't afford to buy a house at the moment, so we are actually renting. But we are getting an incredibly great deal on rent. "Big" house, all hardwood floors, and cheap rent.

Tomorrow we're all (my family has arrived in to town) driving in to the vast countryside to go to my fiance's dad's land way out in the middle of nowhere. We're then going to a graveyard (my mom loves geneology) with iron crosses built about a hundred years ago when my fiance's distant relatives caught diptheria and 6 children died in two weeks. Quite depressing, but interesting nonetheless. What the hell else are you going to do in North Dakota?

O.T. --- guess what word is after "peninsula" in the dicktionary [sic]?

Ern's wife just loves him for his big dictionary, I bet. Can anybody guess where these lyrics are from? "She just loves me for my big dictionary, she wants my vocabulary, straight from A to Z"

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    Ern's wife just loves him for his big dictionary, I bet. Can anybody guess where these lyrics are from? "She just loves me for my big dictionary, she wants my vocabulary, straight from A to Z"
    The book you really want to get is The Book of Facts.

If ya wanna get ahead in life - get Fact!

Hey Dan --- Here's the most expensive house I could find in Bismarck; perfect for you and your new bride!

It's located on Southport Bay. Imagine a waterfront home for only $799,900! That would go for 10x as much in California, and really almost ANYWHERE else! PaulR will help with the financing.
    Ern
    Yeah. I went to look at a house today about 200 yards from mine and it's $1.6 million roughly. Nowhere near as good as that one in Bismarck. $800k here - well, you can't get that much unfortunately. The prices of houses vary so much area to area. I live in the 2nd most expensive area of England - it's now beyond a ~~~~ing joke. I won't go into an estate agency without a criminal lawyer standing next to me.

Ern

It would look better if it was thatched!

Sea views are not everything. Sea views drive me mad sometimes.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast