• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Topic: Rewrite of " D r e i d e l "

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Rewrite of " D r e i d e l "

    Jews and Gentiles and all other folks,

    This is a rewrite of my work called "Dreidel".

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: Rewrite of " D r e i d e l "

    As an "other" chiming in, I can imagine you making any piece universally appealing with the Alexander touch! Your brilliant execution of counterpoint has been very inspiring to me, Larry. Love the clarinet!!!

  3. #3

    Re: Rewrite of " D r e i d e l "

    Quote Originally Posted by jmc
    As an "other" chiming in, I can imagine you making any piece universally appealing with the Alexander touch! Your brilliant execution of counterpoint has been very inspiring to me, Larry. Love the clarinet!!!
    Thanks, L. A. Dude. I am very glad that you liked it.

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Re: Rewrite of " D r e i d e l "

    Larry,

    Nice set of variants on an old theme. Gives it a new twist or spin

    Gary

  5. #5

    Re: Rewrite of " D r e i d e l "

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryBric
    Larry,

    Nice set of variants on an old theme. Gives it a new twist or spin

    Gary
    No, this is my original composition. I am not aware of another previous composition with this name but perhaps one exists. Maybe you are referring to the children's song.

    Thanks for listening.

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Rewrite of " D r e i d e l "

    Oh my! What a Yiddish delight. Very nice melody at the opening and another in your face coda. Great work, Larry.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  7. #7
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    2,972

    Re: Rewrite of " D r e i d e l "

    That one got my left foot moving pretty good. I'm 1/16 Chech Jew and it must be my left foot and my smart mouth.

    Enjoyed it for sure!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Leaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,797

    Re: Rewrite of " D r e i d e l "

    Wow, Larry, you are like the most prolific in the history of music and they are always great. How many have you done? Love the new twist, was that a Shofar with a Clarinet mouthpiece on it?

  9. #9

    Re: Rewrite of " D r e i d e l "

    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Wow, Larry, you are like the most prolific in the history of music and they are always great. How many have you done? Love the new twist, was that a Shofar with a Clarinet mouthpiece on it?
    No, that was just a plain, old clarinet--a licorice stick.

    I appreciate the kind words. Thanks for listening.

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10

    Re: Rewrite of " D r e i d e l "

    Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    Oh my! What a Yiddish delight. Very nice melody at the opening and another in your face coda. Great work, Larry.
    Bill
    Many thanks, Mr. Bill. I like to write a variety of things.

    Regards,

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •