• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 37 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: How much would you pay for this?

Share/Bookmark

Question How much would you pay for this?

How much would you pay for a soft synth that does this in realtime, and included just about every wind instrument? Possibly more than one instrument of each type, for ensemble building. Practically no CPU usage, RAM usage or loading time.

100% synth. The instruments are (in order) Horn, Oboe, Alto Flute, Bb Clarinet, Bassoon, Trombone, Flute, Tenor Saxophone, Bass Clarinet, Trumpet, Eb Clarinet, Tuba, Alto Saxophone and Bass Trombone. In the end it would also include noises from keys and valves etc.

/arwa

Re: How much would you pay for this?

So far I am impressed with the trumpet the most. What's the catch?
    Styxx

So far I am impressed with the trumpet the most. What's the catch?
    Nothing! I just haven't finished it yet.

/arwa

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    There are nice qualities to some of these examples, but for me, the vibrato was the dead giveaway that the instrument was a synth. Is it early enough in the development cycle for something to be done about it?

Lee Blaske
    Sure. Actually, just about everything about the vibrato/tremolo is customizable (I just haven't tweaked the settings good enough).

Also, if the synth lacks something... well I'd say there's nothing I couldn't add (technically) as long as I understand what to improve.

/arwa

Impressive. If I was to use it it was be as a secondary option, for a laptop - or for layering with my main library (VSL). Therfore what I would pay for it would reflect this. Synful for instance is too expenssive for how I would use it (That is if i liked the sound). But I do like the sound of lots of your stuff - and the fact that its real time is very nice. The delay in synful didn't really do it for me.

Is there a demo? I would be very interested in trying it out.

..impressive....give us more details.

Could you add those brass instruments popular in British brass bands but completely missing from most sampler collections? Euphonium, Flugelhorn, etc. The trumpet is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    Impressive. If I was to use it it was be as a secondary option, for a laptop - or for layering with my main library (VSL). Therfore what I would pay for it would reflect this. Synful for instance is too expenssive for how I would use it (That is if i liked the sound). But I do like the sound of lots of your stuff - and the fact that its real time is very nice. The delay in synful didn't really do it for me.

Is there a demo? I would be very interested in trying it out.
    I know what you mean. The instruments are customized to fit in a classical setting. Unlike many of the sample libraries that are made more theatrical (very noisy) to make an impression and cut through a mix. The synth focuses more on musical expression/tone and blend very well. Sample libraries tend to be more effectful, though.

Sorry, there's no demo at this point.

Yeah well - I just really like VSL, which I feel can work both when I score cinematic games, or if i'm scoreing smaller drama. But generaly VSL is one of the more delicate/classical libraries - thats maybe why I also like your mp3. Anyway, when you have a demo give us a shout. I would love to give it a spin.

One of teh things I miss with samples is that they can become to clinical and static. So if I can fix that by layering some of your stuff, or swapping other stuff with a synth I would surely do it.

Quote Originally Posted by alprazolam
    ..impressive....give us more details.
    Well, It's basically a synth meant to respond to midi data like a physical modeller, but with a more realistic tone and way less CPU usage. All instruments are very customizable.

The basis of the instruments are generated automatically from analysis of simple instrument recordings. The synth is then responsible for mapping keys/key velocity and instrument volume (preferably breath controller data) to the sound data in a a way that mimics the behaviour of the instrument. If everything goes your way, you should be able to do just about anything with your keyboard without breaking the illusion of playing the instrument.

I'm not sure I've succeeded with THAT, but right now, development would go much faster if I didn't have such a damn good time playing the instruments! I try to do something constructive, and I end up playing saxophone for two hours.

/arwa

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 37 123411 ... LastLast