• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bass solo!

Share/Bookmark

Bass solo!

A little bass solo section from a work in progress using the Scarbee Fingered J-Bass. I purposely left in some real-time slop to try and keep it real, but is it TOO sloppy??

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/fred...%20Solo.mp3

Re: Bass solo!

Too sloppy? Not a bit. Call it done.

(Nice job, BTW!)

Thumbs up Re: Bass solo!

WOW!
    Oh yea Fred. Real sloppy.
    What you call sloppy, I bet John Patitucci, Geddy Lee, and Jaco would call a "Take"

P.S. Yea! You fixed your Mp3 tags!
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Totally frigging amazing!!!!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

It's cool, but I know local players around here that wouldn't accept that as a finished take. They'd either do punch ins because of the timing issues or they'd tell the engineer to slice and dice the problem areas into place.

Great man!! Thanks for using my stuff..
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Thanks Thomas!! It's a great lib- one that really makes you want to play!! OK, we have one vote for not tight enough I was getting all comfy until that *lol* I appreciate the positive feedback (and the critical feedback as well!)

I have a question about this being rather unfamiliar with basses etc and given scarbee is having a sale in 2 days.

Do you need a bass amp simulator for this kind of thing? Is it necessary or beneficial to have one? Just curious, as i have amplitube 2 with its bass amp stuff but could also get ampeg as well if it would benefit this library at all.

thanks

steve

Keepin the faith...(meant in a totally complimentary way). Quoting an earlier post it brings back Jaco and such... or continues it... however you choose.

Very nice. A lot of Fun.

Slop est Gewd!

Quote Originally Posted by sghoughton
    I have a question about this being rather unfamiliar with basses etc and given scarbee is having a sale in 2 days.

Do you need a bass amp simulator for this kind of thing? Is it necessary or beneficial to have one? Just curious, as i have amplitube 2 with its bass amp stuff but could also get ampeg as well if it would benefit this library at all.

thanks

steve
    I would say... no, you don't need one, just adding some compression and EQ will give a good sound, but it will be an older, "into the board" sound. To get a modern sound, or any kind of grit you need to run it into something. Guitar stuff seems to do quite well, so I bet Amplitube would work great.

Go Back to forum