• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dynaudio BM 15A Price drop! Same monitor?

Share/Bookmark

Dynaudio BM 15A Price drop! Same monitor?

I was doing some online monitor price shopping and have found that the Dynaudio BM 15A's have dropped SIGNIFICANTLY in price!! What was once $2500 is now $1299!! Anyone know if its the same monitor, same guts, same product and they have just dropped the price to compete with Event SP8's, or has the company undergone changes now that they are apart of T.C. and are not producing the professional products they once were?

If they are the same monitors, for $1299, they seem to be STEAL!!

Re: Dynaudio BM 15A Price drop! Same monitor?

I have no idea how much these monitors used to be (its hard to find that out in Google, so I don't know whether what I'm just about to say is obvious to you or not... excuse it if it is. Since Dynaudio's web site doesn't list any recent news releases on a price drop, I'm assuming they haven't had one.

They're roughly $1300 each... that's $2600 a pair.

I just bought a new set about 3 months ago and they were well in to the 2K range - they don't sell them in pairs - so make sure that the $1300 isn't per speaker. I bet it is. If not, it's a really killer deal. Regardless, they're really nice speakers and very full range. I've been putting in some 16 hour days lately and they don't fatigue your ears at all, nice and bright but with a full low end.

Jeff

lol, sorry guys. Didnt read the fine print. Sweetwater use to sell them in pairs, I guess now they sell them individually. My mistake. Sorry.

Looks like I'll have to wait much longer before I own a pair

Don't feel too bad- I did kind of the same thing at a local Guitar Center opening a while back. They normally sell a pair of KRK Rokit 8's for $500. So I go in and they have them with big signs saying 50% OFF!!!! everywhere. I'm like, $250 for a pair of these?? Where's my wallet!! But of course, the $500 price IS the 50% off list price.

Don't overlook the passive version. I bought a pair from GC at well under a grand and spent another $500 on a used Bryston amp and have what i consider to be a "hard to beat under $1500" monitor chain.
    JP

Go Back to forum