• Register
  • Help

Topic: Converted REX files folder

Share/Bookmark

Converted REX files folder

I recently received Total REX.
    Wow, that is some collection.
    They did a great job on that, Very RMX friendly, the right amount of files per folder.

The only issue I had is most of the collections went outside the converted rex files folder into the User Libraries folder except for a few on the second DVD went into the converted rex file folder.

When I moved the folders out of the converted rex files folder into the User Libraries folder the collection names were there in RMX but if you selected them they wouldn't work.
    I put them back into the converted rex files folder and they work OK.
    So I left them in the locations that worked.
    I am a little baffled why some collections work inside the converted rex files folder while others don't.

Re: Converted REX files folder

Hey Marty... :-)

Remember that you can't move any RMX elements using the desktop. You can only move entire suites.

That's probably why you had trouble.

Easier way to do it is to reorganize suites/elements as REX files prior to Drag and Drop to the SAGE Converter.

See the latest "Using the SAGE Converter" tutorial...it has a lot of good info like this:

http://files.spectrasonics.net/files..._Converter.zip

spectrum

[QUOTE=spectrum]Hey Marty... :-)

Remember that you can't move any RMX elements using the desktop. You can only move entire suites.

Marty-> I watched the "using the sage converter" movie and I didn't mess with the elements, I only moved the suites out of the converted rex files folder into the user library.

They showed up in the RMX browser but if I selected the suite it didn't work.
    The suite title would show, but it wouldn't display the sound elements within it.
    I moved the suite back into the converted rex files folder and they work fine.

There are a few suites that I have that behave this way. The most recent was from the Total Rex sound library.

I dragged & dropped all of the collections exactly the same way, but a few of them on DVD 2 went into the converted rex file folder and just don't want to leave : )

Quote Originally Posted by martyfrasu
    Marty-> I watched the "using the sage converter" movie and I didn't mess with the elements, I only moved the suites out of the converted rex files folder into the user library.

You can't move them into the User Libraries folder. Instead, move them into new folders at the same level as Converted REX Files. See "SAGE CONVERTER - Organizing User Libraries" in the reference manual.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO
    You can't move them into the User Libraries folder. Instead, move them into new folders at the same level as Converted REX Files. See "SAGE CONVERTER - Organizing User Libraries" in the reference manual.

- Glenn
    OK gotcha

I will try that

I Finally got a handle on this:

I always had trouble with certain suites.
    If I moved them from the converted rex files folder into the user folder, they wouldn't work.
    Glenn's suggestion caused me to investigate.

When I created a NEW folder at the user folder level, and moved the suite from converted rex files into the newly created folder, it works!

I don't know if anyone else has come across this, but I hope this will help you.

you seemed to have solved your problem.
    see this:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...n.php?p=415677
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Go Back to forum