• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Pdf

Share/Bookmark

Pdf

It would be great to have these lessons in PDF!

Anyways. really nice stuff here thx!

Re: Pdf

Eventually we can put the course in a hard copy. The problem with pdf may be with imbedding the flash scores. Perhaps html of another format would be a way to go down the road.

Gary Garritan

How about a Wiki?

chris.

You can make an eBook from the HTML and embed everything, I believe. That may work well.

Personally, I'm copying and pasting into a word processor for now, but I would like to see something complete when all is said and done.

Very good job Gary. Thanks!

Koolkeys

I second the motion for a .pdf format .

it could come in handy.

thanks again Gary
    !

Yves

Ahhh, wait and release it on Adobe Apollo.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Eventually we can put the course in a hard copy. The problem with pdf may be with imbedding the flash scores. Perhaps html of another format would be a way to go down the road.

Gary Garritan
    I would be interested in any format that can be saved and viewed offline. I travel with a laptop and would love to be able to study when I don't have internet access.

Jon

well of course JC you can just do a 'file...save/save as...' in Internet Explorer and you will get most of the straightforward stuff (text and images) saved on to your laptop as an HTML file. The SWFs (flash movies) are as it happens also saved using this method, but they won't play nor launch from the saved page, nor from where they are saved due to the way they have been encoded.

You can do the save as method to get the content - or you can print the content as a PDF - as for the Flash files. Use Firefox - goto "Tools" - "Page Info" - "Media" - you will see all the Flash files embedded in the page and you have the option to "Save As.."

I can create a portable version of these (and have) - but i'm not sure if Gary would like these to be shared ?

Quote Originally Posted by L0W
    well of course JC you can just do a 'file...save/save as...' in Internet Explorer and you will get most of the straightforward stuff (text and images) saved on to your laptop as an HTML file. The SWFs (flash movies) are as it happens also saved using this method, but they won't play nor launch from the saved page, nor from where they are saved due to the way they have been encoded.
    Yes, I've done the 'file...save/save as...' and that will have to do. I was hoping for the flash portions as well, but I can learn a lot without them, I'm sure.

Go Back to forum