• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Quick challenge - and a big ask...

Share/Bookmark

Quick challenge - and a big ask...

Hi everyone,

I've been a bit quiet recently (other than the excitement over the new car ) because I am in the midst of putting together an album of music (featuring my piano and trombone playing) for my mother's birthday!

Everything is going well, except I have hit a complete arrangers block with one track - "Someone to Watch Over Me". I have the main body of the work going OK (needs some editing, but it's all there) but I wanted to use the introduction to the piece with trombone playing the tune in front of a lush string backing - think 50's Big Band / Sinatra or Nat King Cole ballad stylie with some tasty altered chords.

Well I just can't get it - don't know why, but probably because of all the work I am putting into all the other tracks.

Anyway...... I was thinking that there might be some kind soul on here who might like to have a go at scoring this 24 measure intro for me???????? Probably wishful thinking, but there are some very kind and generous people on this forum who might like a challenge.

If anyone is interested here is a pdf of the intro leadline:

www.stradjazz.com/Somone2Watch_StringIntroWithTrombone.pdf

and here is an early mix mp3 of the tune that follows the intro:

www.stradjazz.com/SomeoneToWatch_B.mp3

The sting in the tail is that I really need to crack this by the weekend - a very big ask, I know.

Just to confirm - this is not a commercial recording, just a one off CD for my mum.

So there's the challenge. Anyone up for it???
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: Quick challenge - and a big ask...

Not unless you want a banjo in it

RN-
    I'll have a go tonight but I may alter and substitute a few chords.
    Even if most of what I do stinks, you may find something of value
    or you can eliminate everything I do, which may help you narrow
    down your choices.
    Jim

PS--You have Finale AND Overture, yes??
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Not me... lol. Whenever I try to write material
    like this it comes out like Stravinsky gone psychotic.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thanks Jim - I very much appreciate your help.

Yes - I have both F2k6 and Overture 4.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

I'll have a go too - I have a bit of spare time.

Terry

Thanks Terry.
    Richard N.

Richard,

Have sent stuff to the email address on your website.
    Biggish download, I'm afraid.

Terry

Thanks Terry - I've sent you a PM.
    Richard N.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Thanks Jim - I very much appreciate your help.

Yes - I have both F2k6 and Overture 4.
    Well, I can't possibly do better than Terry

Do you still want to see what I'm doing, or is the point now moot??
    Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Go Back to forum