• Register
  • Help

Topic: Reauthorization?

Share/Bookmark

Reauthorization?

Hello everyone. My IBM Thinkpad has a registry error which won't let me playback any kind of audio or video file, so I have to restore my laptop back to factory settings using recovery discs. GPO is installed on my internal drive, so it will be wiped out during the process. I will be adding no additional hardware, or change any hardware during this process. The computer will be identical to what it was when I installed GPO for the first time back in August. So, my question is how do I reauthorize my library? Can I use the same registration code as I did the first time, since no hardware changes are going to be made, or do I have to use the second allowed code? In either case, could someone give a brief outline of the steps needed to reinstall my library? (like any authorization/deauthorization steps, certain steps to follow, etc.)

Thanks,

Brian

Re: Reauthorization?

Quote Originally Posted by AtmosMan
    Hello everyone. My IBM Thinkpad has a registry error which won't let me playback any kind of audio or video file, so I have to restore my laptop back to factory settings using recovery discs. GPO is installed on my internal drive, so it will be wiped out during the process. I will be adding no additional hardware, or change any hardware during this process. The computer will be identical to what it was when I installed GPO for the first time back in August. So, my question is how do I reauthorize my library? Can I use the same registration code as I did the first time, since no hardware changes are going to be made, or do I have to use the second allowed code? In either case, could someone give a brief outline of the steps needed to reinstall my library? (like any authorization/deauthorization steps, certain steps to follow, etc.)

Thanks,

Brian

1. Once you have reinstalled everything, including GPO, note the system ID displayed by the GPO Registration Tool (available in the GPO Program Menu Group.)

2. Check that against the system ID registered in your profile at the NI website. (From NI home page, click Quick Link "Registrations", click "View and Manage Your Registrations", Log In, locate the Garritan product in your list of products.)

If they are the same -- which they should be -- you should be able to just copy the old authorizaton key from the NI site into the registration tool, and you're set to go. If not, you have two options:

a) Re-register from the registration tool, using the second allowed authorisation key "slot".

b) first deactivate the old system ID on the NI website (there is a button next to the entry for this) before registering with the tool again. Note that a de-activated system ID can't be re-activated, so check carefully before deleting anything.

Hope this helps.

Re: Reauthorization?

Thanks Pethu. That helps a lot. I'll be in Aruba with my family all next week so I won't get to try it out for a while, but it's good to know what to do.

Thanks again,

Brian

Go Back to forum