• Register
  • Help

Topic: Quantum Leap Brass Giga

Share/Bookmark

Quantum Leap Brass Giga

Does anyone here know where I can get QL Brass Giga format besides soundsonline. They have either discontinued or stopped shipping QL Brass Giga. It was only 154 USD.

Any help would be appreciated.

Larry Gates

Re: Quantum Leap Brass Giga

Quote Originally Posted by Precison
    Does anyone here know where I can get QL Brass Giga format besides soundsonline. They have either discontinued or stopped shipping QL Brass Giga. It was only 154 USD.

Any help would be appreciated.

Larry Gates
    I converted the akai to giga 2.5 with minimal problems, (CDXtract) but I lost some giga specific programming but not getting the giga version.

Re: Quantum Leap Brass Giga

QLB has very little Giga specific programming, and some of it may do more harm than good.

For instance, QLB typically has only two dynamic layers on its sustain patches. There's little advantage in switching these based on velocity. The jump from mp to f is just too big. You're better off picking a patch and sticking with it.

As long as you can do a simple conversion, you will get as much value as you would from the Giga-specific version. And with some basic editing skills, you can program things that are at least as valuable as the programming on the Giga disc.

Note: This isn't true for all libs. The newer stuff with resonance models and built-in iMIDI rules often has some really cool programming that I wouldn't want to lose, or try to re-create.

One last tip about QLB: make sure to narrow the stereo spread on the patches in the mixer. During production they failed to velcro the players into position, and their movements often put different samples in different stereo locations. Having a melody with all of your Cs in the middle, Es on the left and Gs on the right probably isn't what you intend, but the width control solves it easily.

Go Back to forum