• Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Topic: Welcome to the Garritan Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

Share/Bookmark

Re: Welcome to the Garritan Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax
    You wrote==>(For the record, I had nothing to do with it, though mentioned in the Acknowledgements section.)

David...

Well, that's OK...I volunteered you to be one of the lead teachers, so the mention is ex ante rather than ex post.

Seriously, we'd have much to learn from you so I do hope you will be an active participant.

Jim
    My participation in this has been predominantly cheer-leading and helping
    shoot down some technical problems.

The real work is being done by Gary and all the folks doing the .mp3's,
    creating the flash presentations, doing the scores for them, and so on.

I will, of course, be around frequently for this; and I promise to do my best
    not to ruin an otherwise potentially perfectly good crop of new orchestrators
    with my comments... lol.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Re: Welcome to the Garritan Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

Awesome, awesome job guys - thank you all so much. This will be beneficial for me.

Regards,
    Wayne

i am SO HAPPY....i really appreciate all of the hard work that went into this, and i know that it will pay off...
    THANKS AGAIN!!
    -Ken

Re: Welcome to the Garritan Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsako

Sounds cool. I look forward to this.

Thanks!
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Re: Welcome to the Garritan Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsako

I have long hoovered over the GPO community and forums. I hope to one day save up enough to buy GPO. Gary, I've read the article you wrote on your conquest of GPO, and you spoke freely of your dedication and love of your quest, but I did not truly belive. I mean, it IS an article about GPO, and I simply thought of it as another way of getting us to buy GPO. But now, I see the true dedication you have! Can't wait!

now this is looorve. well done everybody i for one look forward to this.

slán
    mick ó c

Gary - you da bomb. Even though I already have a degree in composition, and I've done a fairly good amount of orchestration - and I've even taught several students basic orchestration, I'm excited about this. Reviewing material is ALWAYS good - and doing it with such a great group of people is awesome. I often say people who spend a lot of time in music centers (LA, NY, Nashsille etc) learn a good bit by osmosis. The same will be true here. This is not just an awesome opportunity for people wanting to learn about orchestration, it's great for all of us!

I'm going to offer to help with some examples as soon as I have time! Errrrrr!!!!!!

JW-

Thanks again Gary. You are a generous man.

Hello Gary,

I would like to congratulate you and the fantastic team that contributed in creating this amazing learning opportunity in the field of Orchestration.

I have been waiting for along time to see something like this and now that it is here let's get to work and learn.

A big BRAVO to all of you

All the Best

Maximvs

Where are the full scores ? I guess , I also wanted to particip[ate in the competition , acually a fellow composer told me , finish your opera ... it took him 14 years to get the first one done ...and produced. finishing the work is the hardest part , with gpo , and a few friends in theator class , you know its sure to happen ... I am working on the opera everyday now ...

Go Back to forum
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast