• Register
  • Help

Topic: Random Pitch Script in Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

Cool Random Pitch Script in Kontakt

I'm hoping someone here has experience with this and can provide insight.
    I've attepted to use the Random Pitch Script in the performance Drop Down in the Script Tab of a Kontakt Preset. There are two adjustable functions - cents and Midi -

The cents function works well for me, it's the midi min and max controls, that seem a little odd. I thought that the min and max would set the parameters for the random pitch plus and minus amount, but they don't do that. They seem to cause the midi notes that the randomizer generates to fall between the midi note numbers defined by the min and max settings.

I was hoping that this might be a bug. I thought before I updated to 2.1 that this control functioned differently. I thought it defined the amount of min and max deviation around the midi note pressed that the randomizer functioned within.

I hope that some one here who uses the random pitch function in Kontakt 2.1 Might be able to help me on this.

Thank-you

Re: Random Pitch Script in Kontakt

Anyone?

Hi
    I wrote a script which I hope does what you want:
    { Random pitch deviation and detuning script by Nils L }
    on init
    declare ui_knob $pitch(0,50,1) { between 0 and 50 }
    declare ui_knob $tune(0,100,1) { between 0 and 100 }
    make_persistent($pitch) { save pitch setting }
    make_persistent($tune) { save tune setting }
    end on

on note
    change_note ($EVENT_ID, $EVENT_NOTE + random(-$pitch, $pitch))
    change_tune ($EVENT_ID, random(-$tune*1000, $tune*1000), 1)
    end on
    Nils

Lightbulb Re: Random Pitch Script in Kontakt

Thanks Kotori,

Is this a pitch deviation script or a midi note number script? As I mentioned in my post, the cents randomizer that is included in the Kontakt 2.1 pitch randomizer script drop down works very well. Next to it are 2 different knobs which adjust min and max settings of 1 thru 127. Do you have any idea how that part of the pitch randomizer control functions?

I appreciate your sharing your script Kotori and I will try it.

Thank-you

Quote Originally Posted by emenelton
    Thanks Kotori,

Is this a pitch deviation script or a midi note number script? As I mentioned in my post, the cents randomizer that is included in the Kontakt 2.1 pitch randomizer script drop down works very well. Next to it are 2 different knobs which adjust min and max settings of 1 thru 127. Do you have any idea how that part of the pitch randomizer control functions?

I appreciate your sharing your script Kotori and I will try it.

Thank-you
    Hi again,
    my script does a random deviation relative to the note played - not just a random absolute note like the Randomize Pitch script does. The latter picks a note at random between min and max irrespectively of what note you played. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank-you Kotori, it's exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate you also confirming how the Kontakt script functioned.

Go Back to forum