• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is Kontakt 2 worth buying?

Share/Bookmark

Is Kontakt 2 worth buying?

Hey, I'm slightly new to the whole sample library thing - I've been working on my Logic Pro 7.1 for a little over a year now. I use GPO, RA, Ethno World 3, StormDrums, Stylus RMX and Atmosphere. I wanted to have more control over my samples and I also wanted to buy another orchestral library - I thought I'd get Kontakt 2 and Kirk Hunter's Emerald. Today I was getting ready to buy them when I decided on a whim to check out feed back on the products. I was really excited about buying these products. Kontakt 2 seems (if this board is any indication) to have a frighteningly extensive list of bugs and problems. From an unbiased view, is this actually the case? Or is this a few isolated incidents with a loud voice?

I'm working on a G5 dual 2.0 OSX 10.3.9 2.5 gigs of ram.

Thanks for the help.

Josh

Re: Is Kontakt 2 worth buying?

I don't think it is an extensive list. There seems to be a memory problem with the latest update, affecting some people. Personally I have not yet experienced any real trouble with K2.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    I don't think it is an extensive list. There seems to be a memory problem with the latest update, affecting some people. Personally I have not yet experienced any real trouble with K2.1.
    I'm jealous!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I'm jealous!
    So, you're still having truoble, then? Sorry to hear that. Did you ever try running K2 with your SoundBlaster card? Just to rule out sound driver issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge

Same here.

Go Back to forum