• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Spectrum, is Symphony of Voices . . .

Share/Bookmark

Spectrum, is Symphony of Voices . . .

. . . ever going to be on sale? Group buy? price reduction?

How about just letting a place like American Music Supply carry it so I can take advantage of their 3 months split payment plans.

Sorry to sound like begging, but I have been looking at that sample package for over 2 years now and it always seems just a TOUCH out of reach and everywhere I look it's $499.

The lowest I ever saw it for was $483 on Amazon and I really didn't trust the reseller enough to buy it - despite that fact I could not afford it anyway.

To me, from the reviews and demos, SOV still sounds like one of the best packages out there for what I am looking for - especially the enya-esque and gregorian samples, and seems to hold up considering it's age.

You are one amazing producer Mr. Persing - and I wish I knew about this sample package years ago when I WAS making plenty of coin.

Well, one can always hope.

Mike

Re: Spectrum, is Symphony of Voices . . .

Thanks for the kind words. Regarding deals, you'd have to talk to sales people, dealers or distributors about this. We don't sell direct, so deals are handled by the sales channels.

spectrum

Smile Re: Spectrum, is Symphony of Voices . . .

" You are one amazing producer Mr. Persing "

I, and many others, agree with this completely. SOV is the only Spectrasonics item I own but only because money is tight. SOV was WELL worth the $500. What amazes me also is that when I go to Ilio.com and listen through all the demos of the Spectrasonics libs, I realize that I still want a ton of them in the Akai format for my Halion player. I own things from several different manufacturers but I am amazed at how well Spectrasonics stuff holds it's own years later. I cant wait to but RMX and Atmosphere but I'm also really wanting atleast a half a dozen of thier other titles that are years old. Unfortunately, things are a bit tight and I'm currently only buying libs as I need them for paying projects. I'd love to satisfy the gear lust a bit but good things come to those who wait right? Besides, as I wait, mor e cool stuff comes out and prices keep going down. Err.......except for SOV. When you have the $500, spend it, you wont regret it.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

So, Mr. Persing (calling you by your first name almost seems rude to me), I assume buying it off Spectrasonics web site is not done by you guys, but by another company?

I guess I'll wait till things get a bit better - which may not be too far away. A June 17th gig could possibly be GINORMOUS for us (I love that word) - and if so, SOV is high on my list.

One question. As a Kontakt 2 owner, does SOV transfer well to it? I do not own any hardware samplers and I really could only afford Kontakt 2 and the EMU sampler that I upgraded from my Emu 1820M system. Kontakt2 seems to be the more logical choice. I do have Extreme Sample Converter and it seems to do a pretty good job of converting to other formats from many formats, so maybe I could use this on SOV - when I buy it?

Thanks for your help again.

Mike

The Buy button on our site takes you to the distributors page.

Kontakt 2 converts SOV Akai very well.

spectrum

Thank you Mr. Persing.

I shall buy the Akai (that rhymes) when I have the loot.

I also LOVE the New Orleans Strut for RMX - will be using that a lot.

Mike

SOV translates to K2 just fine. The biggest trouble is the Akai organization. It's pretty broken up and assumes a small memory space, so there is a lot of redundancy for different bank sizes. The redundancy also makes worse the organization problems. And there are adjustments to be made to envelopes and whatnot.

In short, the translation works fine but you'll have to spend some time making an easy-to-play instrument out of it. I'm doing that right now and might publish the NKI files and folder organization so that if you have the set you just put the samples where I say so, download the NKIs and have a playable instrument. My version, anyway, which probably won't be optimal for you.

Amy

Amy,

That is so darn appreciated. I can 100% understand the difficulty in setting that up. I bought KHSO Emerald before Kirk Hunter finished organizing it into its current proper-working version (in Kontakt 2 at least) and so before the upgrade, I had to move stuff or have Kontakt 2 find things - and when you have almost 30GB of samples and nki instruments to do that with - wow, what a pain in the butt!!

If all goes well on the 17th of June, I will definitely purchase SOV and, Amy, let me know what this conversion instrument for Kontakt 2 would cost - I am quite interested. It's either that, or I create instruments for Wusik (since I know how to sample map that) and then I can lay tracks with that (plus I have all kinds of cool synthesis options). Either way, works for me.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by amyhughes

In short, the translation works fine but you'll have to spend some time making an easy-to-play instrument out of it. I'm doing that right now and might publish the NKI files and folder organization so that if you have the set you just put the samples where I say so, download the NKIs and have a playable instrument. My version, anyway, which probably won't be optimal for you.

Amy
    That would be fantastic! Let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by karmacomposer
    Amy, let me know what this conversion instrument for Kontakt 2 would cost
    I'm not going to charge anything for it. You would have to have SOV, though, and that's still $500.

Also, I just saw Kirk Hunter's post where he skinned K2 to display text info about the instrument. I must learn how to do this. Perhaps the text is just part of the skin image. I should ask. I'd like to do that to alert myself to programming assumptions I made or keyswitches that are present, because three years from now I'm not likely to remember.

And, I'd like to script a basic word builder.

Amy

Go Back to forum