• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't Install GS 2 on XP/SP2

Share/Bookmark

Can't Install GS 2 on XP/SP2

I had to wipe my system due to a malware attack. This time, I installed all the way up to SP2. GS 2.x won't successfully install. It complains that it can't install nfx1.dll, aconv.dll, and sconv.dll. Any ideas?

Re: Can't Install GS 2 on XP/SP2

Have just had a similar thing ..... it said that it couldn't install the same files you mentioned, however a search turned them up where they were supposed to be under GS ..... then mine says it can't find an entry point in file "Kernel32" ....
    I have just ordered GS3 in frustration, and I suppose that will put me through the same crap .... but it will be "new " crap.
    Good luck
    Bryan

I have GS3 running fine in XP/SP2.. you shouldn't have problems unless GS3 decides it doesn't like your hardware!

As for the GS2 person, probably the best thing to do is upgrade, then you can at least get support for it..

Mike

I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to remember having to download a new updated installer for GS 2.5x at some point. Without it, the software installation failed on XP.

There is a separate install for Windows XP/2000 that you will need to download.

Jim

Thankyou, ....... am almost there .... you have just confirmed the last step and I am very grateful
    Cheers
    bryan H

Go Back to forum