• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone using GPO Studio with Finale 2006

Share/Bookmark

Anyone using GPO Studio with Finale 2006

Finale 2006b isn't working properly with my PC (specs listed below) so I was advised to use GPO Studio to load the instruments instead of inside of Finale. If anyone is using this method of loading Finale instruments, I would appreciate answers to the following questions.

1. Where is the latest upgrade for GPO Studio and will it work with Finale 2006?

2. Where do you put the GPO Studio program--in the Finale Folder? And, do you have to open GPO Studio first, then Finale 2006?

Sorry to have to ask these stupid questions..........

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Re: Anyone using GPO Studio with Finale 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    Finale 2006b isn't working properly with my PC (specs listed below) so I was advised to use GPO Studio to load the instruments instead of inside of Finale. If anyone is using this method of loading Finale instruments, I would appreciate answers to the following questions.

1. Where is the latest upgrade for GPO Studio and will it work with Finale 2006?

2. Where do you put the GPO Studio program--in the Finale Folder? And, do you have to open GPO Studio first, then Finale 2006?

Sorry to have to ask these stupid questions..........

Jack
    I use GPO with Finale 2006 (Mac) and 2005 (Pc) using the Studio (no HP) and it works as oit should.

1. You find it on the GPO website http://www.garritan.com/downloads.html

2. You can have it as a separate program. No need to put it in your Finale folder. With the full GPO you don´t need to open the studio first so it probably is the same with the Finale version?

Björn

Bjorn:

Thank you. I'll give it a try. You said you used the 2005 version on your PC which wouldn't include HP. Does that mean that if you use GPO Studio, you can't enable HP on 2005 or 2006b? I was a little confused on that point.

Thanks again for your response.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    Bjorn:

You said you used the 2005 version on your PC which wouldn't include HP. Does that mean that if you use GPO Studio, you can't enable HP on 2005 or 2006b?
    No, I only wanted to point out that I don´t use HP so I have no experience of that. HP works on 2005 & 2006 so far as I know.

Björn

Thank you, Bjorn.

Best wishes for you and your work with GPO.

Jack

Go Back to forum