• Register
  • Help

Topic: QuikQuak Annouces RaySpace 2.3

Share/Bookmark

Smile QuikQuak Annouces RaySpace 2.3

RaySpace is a completely new acoustic room simulator. This unique reverb creates up to five channels of surround-sound reverb, all calculated in real-time. The characteristics of the room shape, height, positions and materials can all be adjusted while you listen, making RaySpace a very inspirational and spontaneous tool. The 3D view and the parametric equaliser complete the audio and visual feedback of room designs! With full automation, source and listener positions can be 'walked' though the rooms, ideal for patching dialogue in radio plays or films. All impulse responses can be exported in high resolution for use in convolution reverbs. From concert halls to bathrooms, cathedrals to sewers, you can go anywhere you desire.

A VST plug-in for PC & Mac OS X.
    More information:- www.quikquak.com

General features:

* Create fantastic surround reverbs using the completely unique engine -
    Introducing the new DBT (Diffuse Bubble Tracing) system.
    * Draw walls of any angle, allowing complex room shapes.
    * Four band parametric equaliser, for complete control of output!
    * Ray scattering algorithms for adding randomisation to wall reflections,
    giving roughness and character to the rooms.
    * Get a real grasp of the virtual space with the 3D ROOM VIEWER. Using
    zoom and spin with the mouse - watch and listen to actual height adjustments.
    * Reverb updates almost instantly!
    * ZERO latency.
    * RaySpace does NOT use convolution algorithms, it's a completely original design.
    And unlike convolution, long reverb times use the same CPU as short ones,
    allowing you to make huge spaces!
    * Export impulse response feature, so you can still use your designs in other reverb units.
    * Stereo Width control gives fine adjustments from mono reverb, to 'beyond' speaker
    position spreads.
    * Compact size. RaySpace does not need huge resource files to store the reverbs,
    as they only take up a few kilobytes each!
    * 45 presets for instant tweaking.

* Works with all sample rates.

Thank-you,
    Dave Hoskins
    www.quikquak.com

Re: QuikQuak Annouces RaySpace 2.3

Dave,

I have rayspace and like the new impulse generator. Do you have a convo. reverb you can recommend that would use all 5 channels if you out put those 5? Or a best practices type suggestion as to how to use those in a surround mix (i'm using sonar).

Thanks

steve

Hey Dave,

I haven't tried my new copy yet, hope to find some time this weekend.

In the mean time a question: if I want to use RaySpace to generate ER's only (because I want to use tails from my own IR library), can I fade out the RaySpace sound after 150 msec? I am currently using TrueVerb to add ER's to dry instrument channels (4-5 instances) and I hope to replace this setup with RaySpace instances. Will the CPU load be lower if I quickly fade out after the ER's?

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by sghoughton
    I have rayspace and like the new impulse generator. Do you have a convo. reverb you can recommend that would use all 5 channels if you out put those 5? Or a best practices type suggestion as to how to use those in a surround mix (i'm using sonar).
    Hello, you can of course use RaySpace directly on a 5.1 buss. This works fine in Nuendo. I have to admit I'm not too familiar wit Sonar. I think it has the ability to make instances of a plugin across different channels, so you can make any mono/stereo plug-in effect work in surround. There are a couple of free convolution plugs out there that you could use. Pristinespace allows you to have up to eight convolutions running simultaneously though, so this might be an alternative, try the demo with some RaySpace IR's.
    The speaker arrangement is as shown on RaySpace's meter screen, with channel 1&2 = L&R, 3&4 = Ls&Rs, 5 = Centre. And you can change where these go in the 'pin' selection above the meter. Some hosts call a vst 'arrangement' functions to create proper named channels, others will just display 'L R 3 4 5' in the pin outputs.
    I hope that helps,
    Regerds,
    Dave
    www.quikquak.com

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRoos
    if I want to use RaySpace to generate ER's only (because I want to use tails from my own IR library), can I fade out the RaySpace sound after 150 msec? I am currently using TrueVerb to add ER's to dry instrument channels (4-5 instances) and I hope to replace this setup with RaySpace instances. Will the CPU load be lower if I quickly fade out after the ER's?
    Cheers,
    Hello, RaySpace's cpu load is the same no matter how long the reverb is. If you just want a small collection of early reflections then reduce the 'Ray Count' control - this alone effects cpu usage, half the number of rays is almost half the cpu. This will also shorten the reverb.
    Use the 'scale' knob on the return signal panel to instantly adjust the length, and a zero 'diffusion gain' value will remove the reverb tails altogether.
    Above all, experiment!
    Dave

Unhappy Re: QuikQuak Annouces RaySpace 2.3

I am afraid that RaySpace 2.3 is not compatible with Logic for PC 5.5.1...

When I tried to load a preset from the Logic window containing RaySpace the Help text is displayed. When I deselect the Help button, there is no room loaded (no walls etc). When I make a setup myself, the Logic Save Preset As... option does not work.

I cannot find any access to the presets, nor a Save button anywhere in RaySpace's own UI...

Bummer, another reason to finally migrate my (huge) Logic setup to Cubase SX 3...

Dave, have you had the chance to test RaySpace in Logic 5.5? Any comments on my problems?

Thanks (I DO believe this is a great plugin),

Presets? Not sure I understand. Do RaySpace's 'factory presets' work. i.e. can you advance through the concert halls, vocal rooms etc of RaySpace's own programs? There are about 45 of them.

D

Go Back to forum