• Register
  • Help

Topic: Newbie Keyswitch Question

Share/Bookmark

Newbie Keyswitch Question

Hi,

I own GPO & I want to try some up / down short string bows (for example).

Problem is I don't know which instruments offer this.

From going through all the instrument options it would appear that the only one's that display keyswitch notes (ie the differently highlighted keyboard notes) are 'Section Strings' & then only those that end in 'AG' or 'KS'. I don't even know what 'AG' or 'KS' mean or even if they relate to up-down techniques.

I don't understand the book that came with the software, for example on page 28 it mentions '18v Mart Up Dn.nkm' but I have no idea how to access this as I can't find anything called this when I try & import an instrument.

I am definately not grasping something very basic here. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Rooks

Re: Newbie Keyswitch Question

Quote Originally Posted by rookiecop
    Hi,

I own GPO & I want to try some up / down short string bows (for example).

Problem is I don't know which instruments offer this.

From going through all the instrument options it would appear that the only one's that display keyswitch notes (ie the differently highlighted keyboard notes) are 'Section Strings' & then only those that end in 'AG' or 'KS'. I don't even know what 'AG' or 'KS' mean or even if they relate to up-down techniques.

I don't understand the book that came with the software, for example on page 28 it mentions '18v Mart Up Dn.nkm' but I have no idea how to access this as I can't find anything called this when I try & import an instrument.

I am definately not grasping something very basic here. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Rooks
    KS means KeySwitch and AG means AGressive (more attack/grit than normal). The KS instruments have alternating up/down KeySwitches as well as separate Up an Down Keyswitches. You will find KeySwitched patches among all solo and section strings.

I can't find '18v Mart Up Dn.nkm', but I suspect it means '1st Violin Martelé Up and Down bow' (18v is a typo, right?). 'nkm' is a NI file type associated with 'Native Instruments Kontakt Multis'.

Go Back to forum