• Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Eurovision is here!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Eurovision is here!!!!!!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Yes,
    That orgasmoric spectacle of sound, light, 3 chord wonders, spangles, and exposed flesh, is on us again. Tune in this Saturday for the real escape from the machinations of the pop industry, and delight in the impartial voting of some 500 million of Europe's finest idiots.

So far in the semi final we've had a plethora of bad tuning, tourist scenery from Athens, and a determined effort from so many hopefuls, desperate to hit that top G as close as they possibly can, and occasionally succeeding, singing and wobbling round the stage like so many 'Vincent Price house of horrors' supplicants.
    Eurovision, the ultimate contest, for the unaware.

What a treat!

Re: Eurovision is here!!!!!!

Humph!

Much more fun watching Harriet Harman talk bollocks on Question Time.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    Humph!

Much more fun watching Harriet Harman talk bollocks on Question Time.
    Harman is entirely predictable, so you're right there. EV is unpredictable until the voting starts, so i'm with EV on this one.

I thought Ken Clarke rather enjoyed himself laying into Blair and his moronic followers.

Damn Lucky fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage59
    I thought Ken Clarke rather enjoyed himself laying into Blair and his moronic followers.

Damn Lucky fellow.

Why the tories never voted him as leader, all those times is beyond me.
    Everybody loves Ken Clarke. Whether you are tory or not.
    He has managed to hang on to his humanity, despite being a politician, which is a skill that has evaded most of his brethren.
    And he can talk knowledgably about Bird and Coltrane.
    I would vote for him, and I am not even a tory.

regards Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joaz
    Why the tories never voted him as leader, all those times is beyond me.
    Everybody loves Ken Clarke. Whether you are tory or not.
    He has managed to hang on to his humanity, despite being a politician, which is a skill that has evaded most of his brethren.
    And he can talk knowledgably about Bird and Coltrane.
    I would vote for him, and I am not even a tory.

regards Joe
    Because he's pro - european Joe; simple as that. I agree with all your points about Ken Clarke though. Anyone who gets drunk at Ronnie Scotts, smokes huge cigars and wears suede shoes can't be bad.

And thanks for the birthday wishes the other day - I forgot.

Harman is entirely predictable, so you're right there. EV is unpredictable until the voting starts, so i'm with EV on this one.

Damn Lucky fellow.

You're right of course. Naturally the EV is basically political games for children. Like UK - nil points for going into Iraq for instance. And europhiles want us to join politically with these buch of wankers? They can't even protect themselves collectively from one country without us having bail them out - which naturally they've resented for the past 60 years.

And now we're looking at Romania and Bulgaria wanting us to pay for them too. Has anyone told these gypos that British roads are basically unsuitable for horse and carts? I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    You're right of course. Naturally the EV is basically political games for children. Like UK - nil points for going into Iraq for instance. And europhiles want us to join politically with these buch of wankers? They can't even protect themselves collectively from one country without us having bail them out - which naturally they've resented for the past 60 years.

And now we're looking at Romania and Bulgaria wanting us to pay for them too. Has anyone told these gypos that British roads are basically unsuitable for horse and carts? I wonder.
    Spartacus,
    I think the null points saga was partly about Iraq, but the UK entrants didn't do themselves any favours either(They were called Dollar, weren't they?). They were complete rubbish.
    That first note the lass missed so badly, followed by the rest of the song warbled in a manner more befitting a dog singing along with a armenian accordian student, will stay with me for a while, as a reminder of just how inadequate a pretty face and good pair of legs can be, when used to cover up a distinct lack of talent. The pop industry might have been getting away with it for years, but eurovision at least has a habit of exposing the dodgy ones, as they're singing live, not engineered note for note, or miming along to someone really talented who doesn't have blonde hair or the cash for breast implants.

Nothing changes, does it!

Still, having watched the semi's, you're in for a treat with the finnish entry, and the more typical plastic surgery advertisements that got voted into the final. Watch for the bosnian entry. They'll never win, because the song's good and they can actually sing, but the tune was an enjoyable aside, in among the sea of mediocrity, blonde hair, augmented bits, and generally overperformed tripe.
    I will miss Terry Wogan's sparkling repartee though. It's just not the same in russian.

Joe, I agree about Clarky. I thought he was the only human among the backside kissers and wannabe dictators. I know Bill Hague didn't fare too well as leader, but between him and Ken, at least we got intelligent wit and sarcasm.

Regards,

Alex.

Spartacus,

...That first note the lass missed so badly, followed by the rest of the song warbled in a manner more befitting a dog singing along with a armenian accordian student, will stay with me for a while, as a reminder of just how inadequate a pretty face and good pair of legs can be, when used to cover up a distinct lack of talent... [and] who doesn't have blonde hair or the cash for breast implants.

Alex.
    But what legs!!! I could forgive her almost anything... (as long as she has her legs wrapped around me)...

P.S. The Finnish entry looks more like a hideous recollection from "Der Ring des Nibelungen"...

Just heard: Finland have won it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnamriding
    Just heard: Finland have won it!!!

Outstanding result!

Wagner would be thrilled for them....

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast