• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: MOTU Ethnic Instrument examples at MOTU.com

Share/Bookmark

MOTU Ethnic Instrument examples at MOTU.com

http://www.motu.com/products/software/ethno/ I'm sure there are a few people that would be interested in checking this out.

Re: MOTU Ethnic Instrument examples at MOTU.com

Absolutely fantastic in any part!!!
    Voice, instruments, loops phrases!!!

I think it is the ethno library to go for!

Thanks Erik for the link!

Roberto

Yes, Motu's "Ethno Instrument" sounds very good, plus quite flexible and poweful editing features are included.

I wonder, how does Motu's "Ethno Inst." compare to the "Ethno World 3 complete" Library.
    Advantages, sound quality, edting, number of instruments, playability, expressivness, ...etc.

Any feedback, or comments will be nice to read.

Thanks.

Hmmm....there's a number of sounds in the MOTU video that are actually from Spectrasonics Stylus RMX and ILIO's Ethno Techno SAGE Xpander....not their new Ethno instrument.

We'll contact them to see if they can add this info or correct it, since it's a little confusing right now which sound is coming from where.

The mp3 demos are more clearly labeled and a better representation of the their sounds.

spectrum

It's not as good as RA or Ethno World 3 in my opinion, but it does offer quite a lot of sounds it seems not covered anywhere else.

There is very little information on what is multisample vs loops.

Quote Originally Posted by awpmusic
    Doesn't tell you how much or when it's available!

Does anyone know the answers?
    Within 2 weeks, and I think it will be for $275-299.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Hmmm....there's a number of sounds in the MOTU video that are actually from Spectrasonics Stylus RMX and ILIO's Ethno Techno SAGE Xpander....not their new Ethno instrument.
    spectrum
    Hmmm.......Such as?

This puppy sounds like a winner to me. I love the fact that there are vocals and loops BUT mostly that it's not all loops and I can still play a C scale with it if I want! Hope they come up with other instruments like this. Plus the interface looks pretty darn cool. Way to go MOTU!

All the very best,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Wow Eric,
    That sounds pretty serious to me. Please let us know what you find out on that one. Aside from that, I thought I remembered there being talk of this lib going for $299. I could be wrong but I think that's right. It's hard to judge how good it is by the demos to me (especially considering what Eric just said) but I have to say that I'd like to hear it solo a few more instruments than add all the loops. It's also not clear what sounds are available as loops and which are available as instruments. I look forward to hearing more on this in the future though.

Eric

There are several in the mp3 demos page that do list RMX in the information list, at least.

I just want to know who did the Celtic demo mp3. Don't try dancing to it.

Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by panzerD
    Hmmm.......Such as?
    The list of loops used would be too long to print and I don't have time to get exact names and timecodes for you....but there's quite a bit of RMX at the middle to end of the video.

Go Back to forum