• Register
  • Help

Topic: Reminiscing

Share/Bookmark

Cool Reminiscing

It's cold and raining hard right now. A day like this brings me back to my University days in which I would indulge in one of my favorite things to do. I would park myself in the music library next to a window looking out into the courtyard with a bunch of scores and LP's and study them for hours on end. Scores of works I listened to when I was a child yet never had a chance to experience their respective manuscript. Ah, maybe I'll sneak out of this crazy place they have the nerve to call a school and head on down the University music Library. I wonder what's new? I miss my University days and all the new faces I met from all over the world! Met some awesome talented young and seasoned musicians back then. Had the time of my life! Yet, those rainy days studying music in the library ... Ahhhhhhhhh!
    Anything such as this bring you back to a special time of your past?
    OK, now where was I? Oh, yeah back to reality .... GET THIS KID OUT OF MY ROOM NOW!
    Styxx

Re: Reminiscing

Oh, we were suppose to go to an university? I didn't know. I went to Kent State - you Kent read, Kent write, Kent State. Ah, but I did have the time of my life and met some very intersting composers and musicians. I don't know if it rained while I was in school, too many hours in a practice room with no windows. So, on days like this; wet, dreary, drippy and gray; I am reminded of Band Camp. Why did it always rain when I took my bands to camp? Sitting in the mess hall listening to all the raindrops beating all the chalk lines off the field. Ah, the memories...

Oh, we were suppose to go to an university?
    Oh geezzzz, did I state that? I'm sorry, I meant something entirely different.
    Styxx

There is nothing better than rumaging through a library or a second hand bookstore...
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

Quote Originally Posted by newmewzikboy
    There is nothing better than rumaging through a library or a second hand bookstore...
    Yeah, I'm with you, man. It's been hard to watch the big corporate chains push out so many Mom & Pop businesses. Those were usually the coolest places.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I miss my University days and all the new faces I met from all over the world!
    You old softie, you.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    You old softie, you.
    Let's see, I made friends with students from Brazil, Japan, India, Korea, Britain, Canada, New Yawk City and from all over the US, Austria, S. Africa, Jamaica, and more than I can remember. Talent from all over! Yeah, an old softie ... The one person that will always stand out in my mind was the drummer from the Howard Stern Road Show, Berry. Sorry, his last name escapes me. Berry was the best rock and all around drummer I had ever met! This guy could lay down one HECK of a solid groove and everyone would listen. Not to mention how much he understood the business plus he had an excellent personality. Berry, whereever you are now, ROCK ON!
    OK, enough recollecting. Hey Olivesk! Uk kukukukukukukukuk!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    The one person that will always stand out in my mind was the drummer from the Howard Stern Road Show, Berry. Sorry, his last name escapes me. Berry was the best rock and all around drummer I had ever met! This guy could lay down one HECK of a solid groove and everyone would listen. Not to mention how much he understood the business plus he had an excellent personality. Berry, whereever you are now, ROCK ON!
    Heh....

Reminds me of my former roomie (and best man at my wedding) Rex...

Rex was (and still is) one of the finest drummers I've ever met:
    http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/0...?bandID=245446

(as well as being a dear friend!)

Thumbs up Re: Reminiscing

GollDang Rex is HOT man!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum