• Register
  • Help

Topic: is "GPO Advanced" version already published as promised in 2005? What about version2?

Share/Bookmark

is "GPO Advanced" version already published as promised in 2005? What about version2?

Hello!

Could someone confirm if the Garritan has already published the version "GPO Advanced". This was originally announced in the beginning of 2005 but I have not heard of it since then. It was supposed to cost around 500 $.

Please, clarify my, is a new version of GPO coming out soon? Or is the present GPO version same as "GPO Advanced"?
    If "GPO Advanced" has not yet arrived, please tell me when it will be finally available? Why it has been delayed so much? What is the prizing?

I have found also some web stores that advertise "GPO version 2". What is this? Is Garritan web site selling at the moment only the version 2? When did the version 1 dissappear?

Please I need advice urgently. Thanks!

Re: is "GPO Advanced" version already published as promised in 2005? What about version2?

Guess you haven't been hanging around this forum recently as this (GPOA) is a topic of much discussion.

Do a search and you'll get some answers regarding this highly anticipated release.

Re: is "GPO Advanced" version already published as promised in 2005? What about versi

Seems like the perfect person to answer this question would be either Gary, Tom, or NMB.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Re: is "GPO Advanced" version already published as promised in 2005? What about versi

GPO Advanced is in development. We have been working on some breakthrough technologies and we are in no rush to get it out there. When its ready people will know about it. When the dozen or so orchestral libraries entered the market over the past year we decided to wait and to something different and unique. If you need more sounds there many traditional libraries on the market to choose from.

GPO 2nd Edition has incorporated all the new updates and the updated player. It is now Finale-enabled as well, and the list price was reduced from $249 to $199. The first edition was superceded last year. We will have a new update incorporating the Kontakt 2 Player in the future.

Hope this answers your question. Please direct all further questions regarding GPOA to NMB.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by curious
    Hello!

Could someone confirm if the Garritan has already published the version "GPO Advanced". This was originally announced in the beginning of 2005 but I have not heard of it since then. It was supposed to cost around 500 $.

Please, clarify my, is a new version of GPO coming out soon? Or is the present GPO version same as "GPO Advanced"?
    If "GPO Advanced" has not yet arrived, please tell me when it will be finally available? Why it has been delayed so much? What is the prizing?

I have found also some web stores that advertise "GPO version 2". What is this? Is Garritan web site selling at the moment only the version 2? When did the version 1 dissappear?

Please I need advice urgently. Thanks!

Re: is "GPO Advanced" version already published as promised in 2005? What about version2?

Lol... Gary must be getting finger fatigue on this one by now.

Curious, products like GPOA, with considerable new innovation and capability, routinely have long development lead times; and I can tell you from experience, Garritan won't release it until it's right -- a practice I wish more in the industry would emulate.

By the way, do take time to visit The Listening Room, Curious. There you can hear literally hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of demos by actual users, from beginners to old hands... the real work being done by real musicians with GPO.

(If you're interested in notation approaches, you can also see actual Finale production scores on my own site, exactly what was used to create the pieces with GPO.)

I hope we'll see you joining us soon -- may I assure you, you will not regret it!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

WHAT!!!! VERSION 2??????
    Oh, yeah...OK.

Man that was scary...I thought I had slipped off into a Rip Van Winkle moment and slept past the intro of GPOA.

;-)

Is it 2005 yet????

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Uhmm when you say 2nd edition, what exactly are you referring to? Am I up to date?
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    We have been working on some breakthrough technologies and we are in no rush to get it out there.
    We will have a new update incorporating the Kontakt 2 Player in the future.
    I guess that the breakthrough will not come in only using Kontakt2 and its KSP.
    They might be not good enough to make the breakthrough because they have been existing since about one year ago.
    It's my small pleasure to go on a fishing expedition.

Gpoa Is Going To Be Great!!!! Please Wait Wait Wait!!! Its Worth The Patience!! It Will Have Harminics !*!*!

I Am Waiting And Will Be Extra Pleezed When It Comes Out. Gary Is Doing Write Thing By Making Great Great Great Library. So Pleeze Just Be One Of Us And Know This Is A Good Library Amd That Much Improvements Will Make All Other Libraries Useless.
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

Go Back to forum