• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Important Fix #1: Missing Multi files in latest version of GPO

Share/Bookmark

Important Fix #1: Missing Multi files in latest version of GPO

It has come to our attention that the Multis are not being installed in the latest version of GPO. The missing Multi files can be downloaded here: www.garritan.com/GPO_Files/Multis.zip

Unzip the file to a convenient location on your hard drive and then either:

1. If your drive has a "Multis" folder (but it is empty) located in the "GPO Library" folder, copy the contents of the unzipped folder to the existing "Multis" folder on your drive.

2. If you do not see a "Multis" folder in the "GPO Library" folder then copy the unzipped "Multis" folder to that location.

Once the Multis folder, with its contents, is in place inside the "GPO Libary" folder you should be able to open the GPO player and see the Multis from the Load button.

Tom

Re: Important Fix #1: Missing Multi files in latest version of GPO

Hmm...

I did this, but now when I open GPO (through K2 in Dig Perf 5), none of the multis will load (although I can see them in the drop down menu). I get a message "the patch you are trying to use cannot be used with this program."

I'm sure I did something wrong (I usually do). I've only been able to use GPO on my Intel iMac for a few days now, so I'm pretty new at it. I don't think it's behaving right (none of my screens look like the screens in the manual, for one thing). I'm wondering if I have it all installed correctly.

Thanks for any help,
    Bob

Used the Multis in GJBB Lib. and everything working fine !!

Multis in GPO not working-'' the patch you are trying to load cannot be used with this application''.

anybody got any ideas what the problem is?????

Regards Stamak

So I looked in C:\Program Files\Garritan Personal Orchestra\GPO Library\Multis and found 22 files there. Is this a problem that affects some installations and not others?

Quote Originally Posted by ConureDude
    I don't think it's behaving right (none of my screens look like the screens in the manual, for one thing). I'm wondering if I have it all installed correctly.
    What does it look like? The previous KP1 version? If it doesn't look like the new KP2 player with the new instrument interfaces then something is definitely wrong with your installation.

Tom

P.S. The older version will *not* load the newer version files, including the Multis.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig
    So I looked in C:\Program Files\Garritan Personal Orchestra\GPO Library\Multis and found 22 files there. Is this a problem that affects some installations and not others?
    Perhaps. For instance, I have no problem loading Multis in my installation.

Tom

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: The link in my first post of this thread is only for the old KP1 version of the player. If you have upgraded to the new KP2 player those files will not work. The new player should install the correct (new) Multis for KP2.

Tom

I checked and, sure enough, no multi file in my brand new copy of GPO.
    After downloading and installing the new file everything seems to work fine except I get a message that the channel asignments are "different than the original" channel assignments. Or something like that. I close the message box and everything seems to work fine. how do you tell what version of KP you have? I couldn't find a version number.
    Andy Bullington

How do I download KP2???

Quote Originally Posted by a7bull
    I checked and, sure enough, no multi file in my brand new copy of GPO.
    After downloading and installing the new file everything seems to work fine except I get a message that the channel asignments are "different than the original" channel assignments. Or something like that. I close the message box and everything seems to work fine. how do you tell what version of KP you have? I couldn't find a version number.
    Andy Bullington
    I have a somewhat similar question...When I try to load a multi in KP2 I get a message from Kontakt2 Player saying: "Replace Multi: (pressing "no" will merge in the new instruments)?" - pressing "yes" or "no" seems to have no difference of effect. What is this? Thanks, Reber Clark

Go Back to forum