• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: GVI ... when ?

Share/Bookmark

GVI ... when ?

Hi

When will GVI be upon us?
    Gigastudio crashed on my system big-time again at the weekend, and I am now loath to re-install and go through the hassle of re-registering it.

Will the iMidi rules be updated, opened up for end user development ? (Not in the limited way they are at the moment).

Thanks
    www.naxosradio.com
    VSL Symphonic Cube, PLAY Gold, Project SAM, Altiverb, US2400, Cubase 4

Re: GVI ... when ?

Why do you have to re-register it? Didn't you back up the registration?

- G

Yes, but every so often, after one of these crashes the system says the registration details are no longer valid, and I have to go through the process of contacting Tascam.
    www.naxosradio.com

The backup registration has never once worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sporter
    The backup registration has never once worked for me.
    Same here.

It's worked for me whenever I've needed it - probably 2 or 3 times maybe, but not for awhile now.

...... exactly. GS3 is probably the cause of 99% of crashes, and 100% of complete system corruptions on my system. I'm fed up to back teeth of re-building my system, and/or re-registering. Since completely un-installing it, no problems. "Netspy" seems to the big problem child ... which is GS file.

Hence my eagerness to side-grade to the GVI.

Anyone heard any rumours of due date?
    www.naxosradio.com

At NAB I heard that they are in Beta. Assuming that things go well, we could hear an announcement any time. If they find some showstoppers, we'll have to wait a bit.

I don't know their status, but from this discussion, I assume that people would rather have it be solid than quick. I figure that we'd prefer to install it once and make music with it, rather than install it immediately and spend time fighting bugs.

I'm not beta testing, so I don't know how close it is to being ready.

Let's wish the developers the best.

Drew, the stability of GS file monitoring does seem to be system specific from my experience. I would highly recommend disabling file monitoring after you install. You can find this setting on the Quicksound tab of the GigaStudio Settings.

Once you disable file monitoring, rebuild your entire database. Without file monitoring, it will be necessary to rebuild your database manually on a regular basis to keep Quicksound up to date... Of course this is a compromise but it sure beats reinstalling!

Hopefully this will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Buchan
    Hi
    When will GVI be upon us?

Thanks
    Also, has any cross grade pricing been published?

Thanks,
    Toby

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast