• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Topic: JABB latin percussion

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    JABB latin percussion

    Hi,

    is there a demo only with JABB latin percussions (bongo, congas) available? Are the percussions in Barrie Bignold's demos just JABB or is something more involved?

    Regards

    Kai

  2. #2

    Re: JABB latin percussion

    Quote Originally Posted by mixolydian
    Hi,

    is there a demo only with JABB latin percussions (bongo, congas) available? Are the percussions in Barrie Bignold's demos just JABB or is something more involved?

    Regards

    Kai
    Guilty as charged I'm afraid. I like the latin stuff in JABB a lot, but remember I was doing commercial tracks USING Jabb, not a Jabb demo as such. There's RMX, BFD some Triton some sampled stuff and probably things I've forgotten about in there.
    Jabb is one hell of a library though, especially considering the cost. There are things in there I haven't even tried to exploit yet.

    Have fun!

    Barrie

  3. #3

    Re: JABB latin percussion

    I haven't explored all the sets that come with JABB, but even the GM kit has some very usable latin percussion.

    Here's a brief demo of something I'm working on. I don't really have the skills to write authentic latin percussion parts, and I've been blasted before for saying something is latin when strictly speaking its not, so excuse if something is out of place, but this uses the GM Fusion kit with its congas, bongos, timbales, claves, maracas, woodblocks, and the separate (but still JABB) tambourine.

    www.richiebee.ca/sambadrum.mp3

    Here it is slightly in more context with rhythm guitar and bass...

    www.richiebee.ca/sambarhythm.mp3

  4. #4

    Re: JABB latin percussion

    Quote Originally Posted by dabbler
    I haven't explored all the sets that come with JABB, but even the GM kit has some very usable latin percussion.

    Here's a brief demo of something I'm working on. I don't really have the skills to write authentic latin percussion parts, and I've been blasted before for saying something is latin when strictly speaking its not, so excuse if something is out of place, but this uses the GM Fusion kit with its congas, bongos, timbales, claves, maracas, woodblocks, and the separate (but still JABB) tambourine.

    www.richiebee.ca/sambadrum.mp3

    Here it is slightly in more context with rhythm guitar and bass...

    www.richiebee.ca/sambarhythm.mp3
    There you are mixo, dabbler has nailed it.

    BB

  5. #5

    Re: JABB latin percussion

    O.k., many thanks men. Don't having the possibilities to check out some libraries is sometimes a bit frustrating. But you gave me some more hints.

    dabbler, I like the mockup btw!

    Regards

    Kai

  6. #6

    Re: JABB latin percussion

    Quote Originally Posted by mixolydian
    O.k., many thanks men. Don't having the possibilities to check out some libraries is sometimes a bit frustrating. But you gave me some more hints.

    dabbler, I like the mockup btw!

    Regards

    Kai
    Couldn't agree more - what is really frustrating is reading about various libraries but not being able to go into a music shop and TRY 'EM OUT! You wouldn't buy a guitar if the guys said "you can't get it out of the box and try it, you'll have to take my word that it's the one you want".

    It frustrates me!

    BB

  7. #7

    Re: JABB latin percussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BarrieB
    Couldn't agree more - what is really frustrating is reading about various libraries but not being able to go into a music shop and TRY 'EM OUT! You wouldn't buy a guitar if the guys said "you can't get it out of the box and try it, you'll have to take my word that it's the one you want".
    Bestservice.de have some teststations in various music shops around the country with many sample libraries on it. Maybe it is a good deal if you live next to those music shops/cities or like to spent a good amount of money in your next library. Bad luck if you are just one of those (poor) boys who save some money for the next "GPO" (strange if that's possible!). Don't think about the nearby music shop... (They are making money selling recorders.)

    0.02$

    Regards

  8. #8

    Re: JABB latin percussion

    sorry but that is not samba!!

    i´m from rio de janeiro

    i think that u have to listen more samba music!!!

    :P

  9. #9

    Re: JABB latin percussion

    Quote Originally Posted by dabbler

    I don't really have the skills to write authentic latin percussion parts, and I've been blasted before for saying something is latin when strictly speaking its not, so excuse if something is out of place, but this uses the GM Fusion kit with its congas, bongos, timbales, claves, maracas, woodblocks, and the separate (but still JABB) tambourine.
    [/URL]
    Michael,
    I think dabbler admitted as much here - but mixo just wanted to hear the latin perc sounds in JABB as I understand it.

    Post us some real samba!!

    BB

  10. #10

    Re: JABB latin percussion

    You're right, Barrie. The real Samba isn't that important. (I'm not the right guy to program 50% correct latin style percussions. Just want to have some more useful sounds.)

    Regards

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •