• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Strad Cutting out completely now.

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Strad Cutting out completely now.

I can't figure out why all of a sudden the strad is cutting out completely. The only way I can get any sound back is by closing out K2 and starting all over but that doesn't solve the mystery. Eventually it cuts out completely again and the whole process of closing out of K2 and opening again starts all ova!
    Nope, didn't download the latest update because it's too damn large for dial up! Takes way too long. Besides, I've been reading too many horror stories about this new update. I'm afraid of installing and having more problems than I already have.
    Any help as to the cutting out problem would be nice.
    Thanks.
    Styxx

Re: Strad Cutting out completely now.

Are you hitting notes between the keyswitches and the lowest playable G? This will make the strad appear to quit working. Trying hit one of the keyswitches such as the C that is the default the strad loads with.

Jim

I understand what you are saying. That's happened before and it took me a while to realize what was happening. However, unfortunately that isn't the case this time. It's as almost as if the CPU can't handle it overall and quits all at once. Like I had explained, the only procedure so far is to close out and reopen.
    Then again, I don't remember actually seeing if what you suggest was the problem. I will try again.
    Styxx

Do you have a large CPU meter activity in K2, since you think it's CPU related?

As I write this, something is running like crazy in the background on this PC! Kind of ticks me off that I don't know what it is! It's as if you bought the dang thing but the software companies own it! There are 50 processes running in the task manager! Maybe this is the problem? I mean, what the heck is all this for? Wish I knew what is needed and what isn't.
    Styxx

Post Re: Strad Cutting out completely now.

Styxx,

Try "Startup Inspector for Windows". It detects all programs activated at startup, what they are supposed to do, and which ones can safely be removed.

http://www.windowsstartup.com/

Giorgio

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgio Tommasini
    Styxx,

Try "Startup Inspector for Windows". It detects all programs activated at startup, what they are supposed to do, and which ones can safely be removed.

http://www.windowsstartup.com/

Giorgio
    I don't know if using this had to do with a new problem I am encountering or something else. Now, Cubase SE will not open or load unless I go straight into its folder and open a session. However, once I close a session and try to open another, it does not respond. I am trying everything to fix this to the point of system restore and deleting this software. I have a feeling this software does not recognize what is needed to run a DAW and possibly saw it as not necessary. And how, with my limited knowledge, would know myself?
    Seemed like a nice idea but I have a feeling I would only cause more damage than good.
    Styxx

hey styxx, you might try running msconfig to get back to where you were with start-up processes. Open the run dialogue box from the start menu and type in "msconfig" and hit "enter". From there you can choose the start-up tab and turn on and off what you want or choose to select or deselect all start up items. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins
    hey styxx, you might try running msconfig to get back to where you were with start-up processes. Open the run dialogue box from the start menu and type in "msconfig" and hit "enter". From there you can choose the start-up tab and turn on and off what you want or choose to select or deselect all start up items. Hope this helps
    That's my problem. I really don't know what to turn off and what not to.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum