• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Orleans Jazz : Is Jazz & Big Band good ?

Share/Bookmark

New Orleans Jazz : Is Jazz & Big Band good ?

Hi, I would like to do New Orleans Jazz.

I'm wondering whether Garritan Jazz and Big Band is enough good to do this specific jazz.

Can I reproduce this sound with it ?

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/david.chochoi/temp/instru1.mp3

Thanks for your help
    David.

Re: New Orleans Jazz : Is Jazz & Big Band good ?

Arfff I see, and this instrument is very often used in this specific Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    You could mock up the bass, drums and piano in the ensemble reasonably well, but forget about the trombone with the plunger mute.
    That's a bit harsh! I don't think the plunger function in JABB is amazing, it is usable. I think you could do a decent job with this.

the plunger function
    Is there someone in this forum that use Jazz & Big Band (or maybe gary is reading ) and could make me a quick mockup using this function ?

Actually I plan buying this library but I hesitate a lot,I'm still not convinced. if someone did a demo with a lot of muted brasses or a New Orlean Jazz demo, I would like to hear so that I'll be decided.

There has been no official demo with the plunger mutes yet. Doing plunger mutes is a fairly sophisticated performance process (involving the use of controllers) and we want to make sure when we have a demo it is done right and there are detailed instructions how to do it. Tom will be working on a demo along with a tutorial. Although it's possible under the existing player there will be even better plunger mute capabilities with scripting under the upcoming Kontakt 2 Player.

We are busy right now getting new libraries ready to market and we won't be able to get to it immediately however.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Tom will be working on a demo along with a tutorial. Although it's possible under the existing player there will be even better plunger mute capabilities with scripting under the upcoming Kontakt 2 Player.
    Thanks, Indeed I would use it with K2.

I've had to do dixie stuff, and although I have JABB, I personally do a better job with QL brass and a clarinet from Dan Dean (the only downside is this doesn't have a vibrato)...

Go Back to forum