• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Finally upgrading

Share/Bookmark

OT: Finally upgrading

Sorry for the "OT" but I respect this forum and it's contributors as much or more than any. I am finally upgrading from Cubase SX 1.06 to SX3. I know it has the freeze function which I am looking forward to but what are the other major improvements or additions to it. My main reason for upgrading was to use RMX which I plan to buy ASAP. I have been told that SX2 was basically a requirement for it to be fully functional. What else do I have to look forward to? What should I be careful of? Anything in particular? I remember a lot of moaning and complaining when SX3 first started hitting PCs. I just dont remember what about but I do see that there are a few upgrades and patches for SX3 which I suppose I'll have to download from Steinberg and install if they dont update the discs they sell. Thanks in advance. Much looking forward to new version.

Eric

Re: OT: Finally upgrading

After you install, upgrade to the latest version of course. To avoid MIDI timing problems check the "use system timestamp" option in the MIDI dialogs - or at least consider checking it if you do experience timing issues.

No problems here. The audio warp function for small out of sync audio events is very nice. I've saved more than a few takes with that.

Enjoy,
    fizbin

The list of ehancements from 1.06 to 3 is huge. I suggest you go to the steinberg website as they list them there. Major changes were a new audio engine(same as nuendo), enhanced support for 5.1, new and much improved reverb(roomworks), in-line editing, freeze function.

Also, another huge difference iyou'll have to get used to is the VST connections where you setup all your input/outputs/FX and external devices and, finally they did it, an eq on the master bus!

Quote Originally Posted by wja
    The list of ehancements from 1.06 to 3 is huge. I suggest you go to the steinberg website as they list them there. Major changes were a new audio engine(same as nuendo), enhanced support for 5.1, new and much improved reverb(roomworks), in-line editing, freeze function.

Also, another huge difference iyou'll have to get used to is the VST connections where you setup all your input/outputs/FX and external devices and, finally they did it, an eq on the master bus!
    Yep. I've been researching Nuendo, and the information on the site is detailed, to say the least.

Go Back to forum