• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hooey and nonsense?

Share/Bookmark

Hooey and nonsense?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    There may be a 'mass' protest about this one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4764407.stm

Re: Hooey and nonsense?

Yes because it's all true.

The Catholic Church called something "blasphemous"!!! HA. I find it quite ironic that suddenly the Catholic Church is worried about what scripture has to say, rather than what the "Church" has to say. The whole "authority of the church" versus "sola scriptura" thing. A
    nd worrying about the accuracy of history? Ha. Let's read some stories about supposed saints and the requirements to become one.
    The world must be coming to an end when Catholics are in the same boat as fundamentalists on an issue.

At a marriage retreat a couple weeks ago, a priest told a group of people with us that "Christ is speaking through me, the words I speak are not my own, this is Jesus speaking, not me"....

Oh, and he said "Pope John Paul gave up his life for the world". Wow. I thought only Christ did that.

Wow. If that's not blasphemous, I don't know what is.

Also that weekend, we were told to all go see "Passion of the Christ". I seem to remember seeing a character in that movie portraying Satan, following Jesus around during the crucifixion, with a snake on his nose or something. I'm pretty sure that none of the four gospels includes that.

I'll leave it at that at the risk of offending our friend Sean, because that's not my intent, and I've noted my complaints in other posts about Catholicism and it's lack of regard for scripture, etc., so no need to further it past this, I guess. Plus, there's enough ugliness being posted lately, so I shouldn't further it, but my major point about all of this?

When are people going to start realizing that movies aren't real???

The diocese here is very much "pre-Vatican II" so it has pretty much different than most around the country anyway. Most Catholics I know (including my fiance') realize it's just a movie. In fact, I bet the priest that is along side my dad doing my wedding would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    When are people going to start realizing that movies aren't real???
    BLASPHEMY!

Rob

I just finished composing the bridal march before I came to work. I'm thinking of calling it "Blasphemy".

Tom Hanks is absolutely right. Exactly what I said a week ago on 'the other' forum - only I said the story while being a fairly good thriller - is basically a load of old bollocks.
    TV here, naturally has cashed in with masses of programs going off on tangents regarding the theory, probably entirely spurious, about the Da Vinci Code. I was at a gallery showing of 14 or 15 of the Queens Da Vinci drawings about a month ago. and YES - Da Vinci wrote in mirror writing. What a scoop!

Loaded with codes.

Also that weekend, we were told to all go see "Passion of the Christ".
    Well OK! Only if you're into gothic horror movies though - be my guest. Don't get me started on Mel Gibson. Just don't.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    Don't get me started on Mel Gibson. Just don't.

Oh man. Now I just HAVE to say the word I know you hate, Paul....
    BRAVEHEART

Oh man. Now I just HAVE to say the word I know you hate, Paul....
    BRAVEHEART
    Well there you go. Coincidentally, braveheart is on Channel 4 this evening, and this film more-or-less does what the Da Vinci Code does/will do in some ways. It distorts history.

I'm very fortunate in that I currently live about 15 minutes from a Benedictine Abbey and I go down there for tea every so often and wander about to relax in the soft focus atmosphere (hello - I've gone Hollywood). The Abbey itself is every directors dream of a filmset. It would've have been ideal for the Da Vinci Code for instance. That's the point though - suddenly, these places become nothing more than a film set to the Gadderine Swine.
    Anyway, I'm now wondering round the actual Abbey itself and this monk appears from nowhere like a vampire bat (there you are you see, I've gone Hollywood again ) and we get to talking. Naturally, like a twat, I said oh yeah - I'm looking for the Da Vinci Code. This monk, who ironically happened to be a Jock in this case, had a good laugh about it with me.

In the words of Mr A. Hitchcock - it's only a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    In the words of Mr A. Hitchcock - it's only a movie.

Hey...He stole my quote!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast