• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Brazilian Classic Drumming

Share/Bookmark

Brazilian Classic Drumming

Spectrasonics, did you used to have a sample set called:

"Brazilian Classic Drumming series"? It was even Groove Controlled. I saw it in a 1999 article:

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp...ng-Series.html

Interesting. What happened?

Re: Brazilian Classic Drumming

It was never released as a CD-ROM...but it was never forgotten. You'll see.... ;-)

lol
    you are SUCH A TEASE :-)

like many, I have been dying for it.....

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

YEAH Baby!! I might as well set up a new bank account; call it Spectrasonics and give Eric direct debit authority. No complaint though, as I have never bought a Spectrasonics product that has been anything other than inspirational. Can't wait.

Wow! How about that! Do I get a prize for guessing what's coming!?

just so you know, we have been expecting it since the release of the first set of sage xpanders. I am sure we are closer, but I dont' necessarily know if it is the next thing out the door from spectrasonics.

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

All speculation and wrong assumptions..... :-)

I am very open to be corrected......lol

so it may not even be an xpander?....damn...now I am really getting xcited..

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------

Cool Re: Brazilian Classic Drumming

Oh, this must be the ultimate teaser! The lost title in the Classic Drumming Series 'Trilogy'. Some more info from the DMM catalogue 2001:

"Available in Spring 2001. South American music is some of the most vibrant, passionate and challenging music you’ll ever hear. However, it’s very difficult to create without the right rhythms. Now for the first time, Spectrasonics’ Classic Drumming series has an entire disc devoted to the authentic rhythms of this exiting part of the world. This library was record on location in Brazil, featuring the world renown Escola de Samba percussionists of Rio de Janiero, an ensemble of more than 100 players that train all year for their performances at the Carnival. These performances were edited into loops, and then further sweetened with incredible tracks by five-time winner of Modern Drummer’s Latin percussionist of the year, Alex Acuna ( Weather Report, U2, Paul McCartney). The combination of massive raw ethnic energy, with the sonic precision of Acuna’s studio tracks results in a breathtaking tour de force of world rhythm! Rhythms include.: Samba Cruzado, Marcha, Baio, Afoxe, Carnavalito, Batucada, Maracatu, Bossa Nova, Swinging Samba, Partido Alto and more! Instruments include: Drum Kit, Berimbau, Afoxe, Brazilian Tambourines, Surdos, Bombos, Repiques, Bata, Pandieros, Caixas, Shekere, Reco-recos, Triangles, Guiros, Agogos and much more!"
    "I'm worried that the person who thought up Muzak may be thinking up something else." Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by zvenx
    I am very open to be corrected......lol

so it may not even be an xpander?....damn...now I am really getting xcited..

rsp
    I bet we're going to be able to buy our very own Brazilian drummer from Spectrasonics. He'll come in a box, and all we'll have to do is add water, and maybe a USB cable...like a 21st century sea monkey!

Go Back to forum