• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need Help with Overture 4

Share/Bookmark

Need Help with Overture 4

Hi All:

Needed a good notation program with a GPO playback capability and selected Overture 4. Have a good grasp on the notation part, but lack information on the use of GPO instruments.

Went to "VST" and loaded the rack. Selected GPO, then opened the Kontakt Player so the .dll file is probably in the right place.

Loaded 4 instruments into the first Kontakt player, but no playback yet.

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE THE INSTRUMENTS PLAY? As far as I can see (in the user's manual), there is no documentation for this, nor a tutorial. Just give me something to look at or follow and I'll do the rest.........please.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Re: Need Help with Overture 4

If you go to Window -> Tracks Window you can make sure that the tracks are set to GPO under "Device" ... that might be the problem... you can change the device by simply clicking on it and a menu will pop up. Then under the "Channel" column you would select which slot (1-8) from the GPO instrument the corresponding instrument you want is in... hope this helps!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Jr and Sean:

Yeah. I went to Windows/Tracks Window and clicked on the device and sure enough there was GPO along with microsoft wave synth........or something like that.

Clicked all the devices to GPO and made sure the MIDI channels were matched with the Kontakt player slots.

Thank you both for your help. I haven't had a chance to do the tutorial yet JR, but you can bet I will. I looked at it hurriedly this morning and it looks great.

This may be included in the tutorial, but if you fill up the first Kontakt Player, do you just "open" another one by clicking on GPO in the "rack?"

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    This may be included in the tutorial, but if you fill up the first Kontakt Player, do you just "open" another one by clicking on GPO in the "rack?"
    In the rack, you just click the grey "Load Instrument" underneath your filled up one. A pop-up menu should appear and GPO should be on the list.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Sean:

Went there, did that.........

Thanks Sean.

Jrboddie:

Moving along through the tutorial with the link you posted. What is the origin of the publication it came from? Please don't tell me it's in the electronic User's Manual........

Thanks JR........

Go Back to forum