• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Strad... OH!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up The Strad... OH!

I was playing with the strad last night using K2. Although I cannot use it in a project due to the lack of PC whatever, as a stand-alone I am in awe! This baby would be cool to have on stage in any band especially something jazz progressive. I was messing with the pitch bend while playing some scales, blues lines and others. There is a great rhythmic effect that closely mimics a "finger flick". Descending, after a note is played, rapidly hit (let it bounce back) the pitch bent to the right and on ascending, after a note is played, do it to the left (let it bounce back). If you do it quickly enough it sounds as if you are hammering the note or "finger flicking" the string! Maybe I can do a demo tonight in an effort to explain clearer. Yes? No?
    Hemingway, Thanks Gary and team for an awesome instrument! Can't wait to get my hands on the Cello! Boy, if I had these instruments when I was young, I would have had these instruments when I was young.
    Styxx

Re: The Strad... OH!

Ha, just thought of something ... this is probably something you already know.
    Styxx

Demo please

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F
    Demo please
    I'll try, but since I cannot load K2 and the Strad into Cubase SE without it freezing, I'll have to record to disc in real time. Mind you the performance will not be as important as achieving the effect.
    Thanks for the interest.
    Styxx

Styxx,
    I'd also like to hear a demo, if you can manage it. (Even a bad one!)

Tim

Glad your happy now and dint put the PC through a mincer
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Gentlemen, I will have one soon. I may have to upload it to my Power User Page but only if I can't make a link through my web site.
    You know, after playing with it again today, the effect I would say is not like a hammer effect. More like a finger flick or something. Once you hear it you can help me to identify.
    Styxx

Well, I couldn't to either. I suspect it's good old AOL that has a problem with uploading to the power page. I will have to send the mp3 to my work PC and upload it from there this Monday.
    Styxx

Hey Styxx,
    AOL is a big NO NO! It nobles your machine - Keep your set up clean

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroZero
    Hey Styxx,
    AOL is a big NO NO! It nobles your machine - Keep your set up clean

Zero
    Tell me about it. Wife, kids ... "don't change AOL! I like it!"
    Actually, I'm about to take my studio PC off line altogether. The only set back is I won't be able to join in the forum at night or the chats until I can find a way to get something to use later.
    BTW - What would you suggest?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum