• Register
  • Help

Topic: My Documents freezes my Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

My Documents freezes my Kontakt 2

So I had a crash a while ago from Kontakt 2 and I didn't really know what happened. Now I am aware that when I click on My Documents in the Files area of Kontakt, it freezes and I have to end task and restart my system. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Mark

Re: My Documents freezes my Kontakt 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mark LaPierre
    So I had a crash a while ago from Kontakt 2 and I didn't really know what happened. Now I am aware that when I click on My Documents in the Files area of Kontakt, it freezes and I have to end task and restart my system. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Mark

Could it be a corrupt or overly large file in My Documents? Presumably the first one that Kontakt would get to (eg, the one starting in aa...) would be the most likely culprit.

I haven't tried this (for fear it might crash my computer also), but could it be because My Documents is not really just a folder? It's one of several Windows folders often refered to as 'special folders'. I think it's actually some kind of special short cut folder that leads to another folder. K2 may not 'know' how to deal with this? Just a thought.

Bob
    Big Bob (aka Wonderful Bob)

Quote Originally Posted by dabbler
    Could it be a corrupt or overly large file in My Documents? Presumably the first one that Kontakt would get to (eg, the one starting in aa...) would be the most likely culprit.
    The first file I have is Ableton. I know my Live works, so how would I figure out which file is corrupt? Is there a windows search and evaluate function?

And to Bob- the My Documents has always worked in the past for me. I keep an assortment of loops there.

Native instruments just told me to uninstall all things to do with Kontakt and then reinstall them all. Sigh. I'll keep you posted. Right now, I've gotta burn out some cues.

Thanks very much,

Mark

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Kontakt 2 and it now does not freak when I browse My Documents. A sigh of relief.

Mark

Go Back to forum