• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Interviews with Tom and Gary

Share/Bookmark

Interviews with Tom and Gary

(Tom, if this is the first you're hearing of this, Gary volunteered you on the chat yesterday. )

Deirdre is going to be doing interviews with both Tom and Gary on an upcoming Composer Channel show, and I thought in addition to the questions she comes up with it would be fun to open the floor to you folks as well. So, if there's anything you want Dee to ask either of them, post it here.

And Tom, Gary - no fair replying to questions here. You have to wait for the interview.

So, here you are, folks. If you ever wanted to hear either of these most excellent of creatures pontificate on a particular subject over the Internet airwaves, now's the time to post your questions. No guarantees that they'll all be included of course, as it's Dee's call what she uses on her shows and time will be limited, so make 'em good!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Talking Re: Interviews with Tom and Gary

most excellent of creatures pontificate on a particular subject over the Internet airwaves,
    A bit reminiscing of the Wizard, Par Excellent don't you think?
    “One day, performing spectacular feats of stratospheric skill never performed by civilized man, an unforgettable phenomenon occurred.”

I have a question.
    Styxx

Re: Interviews with Tom and Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    (Tom, if this is the first you're hearing of this, Gary volunteered you on the chat yesterday. )
    Yes, this is the first I've heard about this and I've got one question: Gary who? I better not find out which Gary this is 'cause, whoever he is, he'll rue the day he was born. It occurs to me that people don't "rue" much anymore. Well, there's going to be a lot of "ruing" over this one! Just give me a last name and stand aside!

Tom

P.S. Why would anyone want to interview someone as boring as me?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Why would anyone want to interview someone as boring as me?
    I think sometimes the most quiet and aparently "boring" people are the ones who have more interesting things to say. I'm sure you have treasured lots of experiences (musical and not).
    -Dani-

I for one, would love a little bio of "Tom and Gary". I mean, what led up to this legendary coupling of talent. It doesnt matter if the two of you are friends this week or enemies the next, you always entertain. And what a span of career. Probably 60 plus years of creative energy and the rest of our lives in syndication. Also, I'd like to know; When was the first time that Mammy kicked you out of the house Tom and was it because you broke something chasing Gary or was it for getting in the fridge again? Especially curious to me is the episode in which Gary gets tossed out the mail slot on Christmas day and starts freezing. Tom, you let him back in out of sympathy. Was this the first time you showed your soft side to the public? Was it just the Christmas spirit?....Or was this just another endless ploy to try to eat Gary? Tom, though you've never been officially "connected to the disappearance of "Spike" can you comment on where you think he might be today? Is it not true that some of the on screen heat between you two was real? Gary, when Tom is finally kicked out of the house, and you rule the house on your own (drinking the saucer of milk, playing with yarn ball, etc etc..) something happened.....you broke. You ended up letting Tom back in even though it could have been your ultimate demise. What were you thinking at that moment? Did you think he would have forgotten all the things you had done to him in the past? And what lies in the future for Tom and Gary? How has moving from Hanna Barbara to Warner Bros affected your creative mojo? Tom, after all this success, do you still really want to catch Gary? Couldnt you have any mouse now that you are rich and famous? What are you trying to prove? Gary, for how many more years do you think that agitating Tom can sell more episodes? Have the two of you considered a movie deal? Gary, how do you feel your character has withstood the test of time against others of mouse-kind? Mighty? Mickey? Mini? Why a non-M name? Where you trying to stand out from the crowd? Tom, same thing. Sylvester? Chester Cheese? Felix? Finally, Do you guys think that "Itchy and Scratchy did anything original at all? There are some obvious and blatent recreations of some of your classic material in thier episodes? Is this flattery of outright plagerism? Thankyou for your time.

Eric

Oops uh....... I see now. Tom and GARY. Not tom and Jerry. My fault. Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Why would anyone want to interview someone as boring as me?
    Maybe because I am the boring one and they want you in the interview to spice things up

Ah, two modest souls. Dee is going to have great fun with you guys. Just ask Sean!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins
    Oops uh....... I see now. Tom and GARY. Not tom and Jerry. My fault. Nevermind.
    Who do you think they modeled Tom And Jerry after?

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I think Tom and Gary will do a much better interview than their...erm cartoon counterparts. I don't remember Tom and Jerry being much for conversation.

Also, Chris would probably like to see his equipment kept intact and away from mousetraps, water spritzers, and various ACME products.

Go Back to forum