• Register
  • Help

Topic: Just bought K2! Tips on upgrading to 2.1?

Share/Bookmark

Question Just bought K2! Tips on upgrading to 2.1?

As a totally new user of K2, there shouldnt be any problem with the memory-bug for me right? I havent saved anything from the old K2 yet.

Anything I should think about when installing the upgrade? And how do I install it?

Forgive me for asking these newbie questions..

/Johnny
    Last edited by drjohnny79; 05-08-2006 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Rephrasing.

Re: Just bought K2! Tips on upgrading to 2.1?

Hi Johnny,
    to install the update just run the setup program. I don't think you should uninstall anything (at least I didn't).

Are you on PC or mac?
    If you're a PC user and plan to use Kontakt from within a host you might want to wait upgrading until NI fixes the memory corruption problem. I have had this problem both in K2.1 standalone (although just one time) and for completely new arrangements in Cubase SE 3. I don't think the problem is limited to opening old arrangements.

Nils

I´m on pc btw. Cubase SL3.
    Oh, I though the memory problem was when opening old k2 arrangements.

Is there anything that can make K2.1 run more smoothly stand alone or vsti in cubase SL3?

Yet another newb question: What are the advantages of running stand alone vs. vsti?

After reading lots on NIs forum, I´ve decided.

I´ll wait for 2.11.

Cant help wondering what some guys did right in able to use k2.1 without alot of bugs though...

/Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by drjohnny79
    Cant help wondering what some guys did right in able to use k2.1 without alot of bugs though...

/Johnny
    Using Sonar instead of Cubase

Haha! Well, congratz Nickie for choosing the "right" audiosequencer for K2.1.

Unfortunately I´m stuck with good (?) ol Cubase. I´m just used to the way you work in Cubase.

Maybe this is all part of the Steinbergs plan, forcing people to use Halion.

I may be mistaken, but I think I read some cubase users kind of happy with 2.1 too.

/Johnny, now where´s K2.11?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Using Sonar instead of Cubase
    Ha! Ha! Sooo thrue....

I use Cubase SX 3 and haven't had a problem since upgrading to 2.1... (didn't have any problems before that either!).

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by dabbler
    I use Cubase SX 3 and haven't had a problem since upgrading to 2.1... (didn't have any problems before that either!).

Rich
    PC or mac?

Go Back to forum