• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Thomas_J recent work?

Share/Bookmark

Thomas_J recent work?

Hello, I am wondering if anyone knows more about where to find Thomas' recent compositions? His demos done in the past couple of years are just stunning, but many of them are now offline (anyone still has them?)

Meanwhile, I happened to come across this from Thomas, which is perhaps the only commercial work of his available online?
    http://www.grooveaddicts.com/ourwork...ent%20Home.mov

This is from Groove Addicts page here:
    http://www.grooveaddicts.com/ourwork...aspx?r=General

Re: Thomas_J recent work?

Hey there Pando, thanks for your interest. I've composed massive amounts of music for various projects lately - perhaps I'll put some of it up on a website some day.

Best regards,
    Thomas

Hello Thomas! I didn't quite expect you to reply so soon, but it's a very nice surprise to see that you're still visiting these boards...

What's funny is that over the past year or so I've heard various commercials on TV (I live in US, about an hour's drive from LA), and thinking to myself "where have I heard that before?!" There have been instances where the quality of the composition was very much like a big-budget hollywood fantasy film containing those incredibly beautiful and yet simple themes which sound so familiar -- something that makes me jump out of my chair to say "it's from this or that movie!", and yet they're not. There is one beer (yes, beer!) commercial in which the music sounds like an epic blockbuster, where I've noticed similar harmonic patterns as your Sam Horns demo (Flight to Rivendale). I don't remember what commercial that was, and I've never been able to record it, but I've heard it a few times, although to this day I don't know if it's your music. Then I found the Six Flags commercial online and everything kind of clicked in place... I then realized that all of them seemed to contain certain subtle elements I've heard in your demos, they way you've composed and orchestrated them.

Wow, if you have some music just laying around, man, please put them up somewhere. I realize you have a domain registered (password protected?) I, and probably many others, would be extremely interested in hearing what you have done... This goes especially for the "cutting room floor" music which don't have contractual obligations attached, music that you haven't used commercially but nevertheless sound interesting (and which mere mortals will never be able to hear if you don't put them on the web).

As with commercial works, do you have a list of credits?

Thank you, Thomas, and I'm looking forward hearing from you!
    Pando

Heya TJ!

How are you doing man? I am very confident that you are enjoying your musical endeavours!

Are you mainly working on Norwegian projects? How about your LA connections from 2 years ago?

And err... on posting music on your site: I don't think you will ever will, haha. I still remember the "Get Out" home page you once posted...

Any chance you will be in Holland any time?

My best regards to you old (read: young) chap!

The posted exemple is very impressive, the composition as well as the mockup. I really catches very well the Hollywood-feel, reminds me of opening music of Peter Pan 2. Just curious : Was this exemple produced using your private sample collection with the Kontakt scripting legato or was VSL used for the legato?

Quote Originally Posted by Markus S
    Just curious : Was this exemple produced using your private sample collection with the Kontakt scripting legato or was VSL used for the legato?
    Looks like that was the real thing. Prague Symphony orchestra.

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    Looks like that was the real thing. Prague Symphony orchestra.
    lol, my bad, with Thomas J you never know.. Great performance and composition.

Since Thomas himself is no help at all in pointing to his own music online , and who knows when his website will actually be ready, I did some digging and found 15 more of his tunes... Those are some impressive and fantastic compositions. Simply awesome.

http://www2.playvideohelper.com/page...ase_search.cfm
    (put "Bergersen" into the Composer's surname field and search. Then click on the "Note" button to play, they are Realmedia streams. Too bad they are in Mono though.)

I am curious whether all of them are samples, or are they done with a live orchestra. There is really no way to tell.

I would very much like to hear some of Thomas' early demos, some of which apparently caused quite a stir here in this forum, but unfortunately they are no longer online.

Wow they are wonderful. "The hidden rainforest" is my favorite.
    If it's all samples Thomas has gone to the limits of sampling (and beyond )

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    If it's all samples Thomas has gone to the limits of sampling (and beyond )
    Yeah, he was there 4-5 years ago. Nobody knows where he is now...

Go Back to forum