• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: to anybody who was interested...

Share/Bookmark

to anybody who was interested...

At the Friday chat we were talking about my computer problems.
    Just to let y'all know, it was msg32.exe in my startup that was causing all of the locking up. Apparently this is a Gigastudio driver because Gigastudio now cannot find it's drivers. I Googled msg32.exe and it was a Gigastudio component.
    Any ideas on how I can still let Gigastudio have it's driver but still have my system run smoothly?

-Chris

Re: to anybody who was interested...

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    At the Friday chat we were talking about my computer problems.
    Just to let y'all know, it was msg32.exe in my startup that was causing all of the locking up. Apparently this is a Gigastudio driver because Gigastudio now cannot find it's drivers. I Googled msg32.exe and it was a Gigastudio component.
    Any ideas on how I can still let Gigastudio have it's driver but still have my system run smoothly?

-Chris
    Chris, i can't be sure on this, and there's smarter people than i on the forum who could give you a better answer, but as far as i can tell, Giga and DAW's on the same box can cause issues. I've seen advice stating this in more than one place.

Best to wait for experts though.
    Good Luck,

Alex.

Have you tried running it after the PC has started up?

Alex,
    Yes, I've heard this, but I think as long as the samples are on a different drive than the application things can still run smoothly, but it could still cause issues. There should be a way to make the DAW and Giga work nice on one machine.

Tony,
    When I launch Gigastudio I get an error message that says, "The system drivers for Gigastudio are currently not loaded. If the situation continues please contact Tech Support. Should I try to load the drivers again? (Yes/No option) This is because I have msg32.exe disabled in the Startup. If I enable it, Gigastudio will start with no problems but the whole system is so unstable that if I even sneeze the whole thing locks up. So I have to find a way to have msg32.exe enabled but still have system stability.

I'll do a forum search. I think this is a somewhat common problem but I'm not sure.
    -Chris

Chris, many people make fun of Gigastudio for being unreliable. It is not a secret that Gigastudio wants the whole computer. It is a massive digital audio sampling piece of software, and it does not want any internet or any other software running at the same time. If you load Gigastudio, and run it like Tascam tells you in the manual, it's performance will be excellent. You MUST also do the setup tips that are on Tascam's website. No cutsie automatic anything in Windows running in the background messing stuff up. For instance, when you put a DVD or CD in the drive and close the door, Windows will not automatically open the disc. Stuff like that. You also must have a separate hard drive with your samples on it, and it must be on a separate IDE cable. GS needs to be installed on the main drive, not the sample drive.

Hope this helps.
    Dan

Go to the download section of my site;

http://www.avantech.co.uk/download.p...cat=3&subref=0

and download and install the diagnostics program. Run the full report as a plain text file and email me the content.

I doubt that the problems you're having are Giga related, probably something more fundamental in the OS. I'll have a look over the report and see what I can spot.

Dan,
    I've been running Gigastudio like Tascam says with no windows cutsie stuff. My samples are on a seperate drive on a seperate cable, and it was running just fine untill a few weeks ago when all of this started.
    Like I said, when I have msg32.exe enabled, Giga will work but the system is unstable so Giga won't work because the system is too unstable!

Tony,
    I will email you the full report text.

Thanks for your help,
    -Chris

EDIT:
    Well, I'll just post the whole thing here:
    (deleted)

This thread appears to have what I'm looking for:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=29420

I'll try it and post my results.
    -Chris

Well, it worked!!
    I'm totally sable now. That thread should be a sticky. Really helpful!!
    I deleted all that nonsence. No need for it now.

Thanks to all that helped me out!! I really appreciate it!!
    -Chris

Try this too;

Disable desktop effects.
    You have 2 network cards, disable what you don't need, even temporarily until you get a stable system.
    Update your video drivers from the manufacturers website. XP will detect and install a Microsoft driver version by default which works but isn't as good.
    Disable the PrimoPDF printer driver - I've known this to cause problems.

Go Back to forum