• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gpo studio - volume problems

Share/Bookmark

Gpo studio - volume problems

I apologise in advance if I post this in the wrong forum!

Anyway over the years I have made posts about getting GPO - which I finally got yesterday! In short it sounds amazing, & I am absolutely LOVING it.

I'm having one major problem though. I am running GPO studio through a notation program called guitar pro. Everything is fine... I assign GPO instruments in the slots which correspond to the MIDI channels in guitar pro and get the beautiful sounds. However the volumes of each track appear to be out of wack. For example on a current piece I'm working on, the string tracks are EXTREMELY loud even at about volume 2, where as the brass is barely audible at volume 12.

On a different piece the brass was extremely loud at about volume 2, and the strings were barely audible at volume 12! I get the feeling I'm doing something wrong but I can't for the life of me work out how to fix it... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Gpo studio - volume problems

I don't have experience with that program, but it is essentially this:

If you can adjust the volume levels in your program, go ahead.

If that doesn't help, go into Garritan Studio. Go to each instrument. You can adjust the volumes by moving the mod wheel to the left or by changing the volume dial in that top set of dials.

Now that you are GPO, you are one of us...one of us...one of us...sorry about that. Now we expect some good music from you, or else we may have to resort to outcasting you by placing your feet into cement blocks and throw you in the ocean by Orcas Island.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

cheers for the answer

I've tried adjusting the volume levels for each instrument in GPO studio... but the volume levels appear to be out of sink. For example volume 12 on instrument 2 in GPO studio 1 is whisper quiet for the brass instruments, however the violins in strument 1 of GPO studio 1 almost blow my ears off at about volume 4

the program I am using has volume sliders, but using GPO studio they are rendered defunct. Is there a way to make them useable again?

Did you update GPO Yet? Try to update first.

Library Update:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/in...?id=updates_us

Garritan Studio Update (You have to uninstall Garritan Studio first before installing this):
    http://www.garritan.com/support/GarritanStudio0002.zip

Also, could we get a mod to move this topic into the support forum?
    Colton J. Provias
    Full-stack Web Developer

Quote Originally Posted by C J Pro
    Now that you are GPO, you are one of us...one of us...one of us...sorry about that. Now we expect some good music from you, or else we may have to resort to outcasting you by placing your feet into cement blocks and throw you in the ocean by Orcas Island.
    lol

I would love to post here more & post some music... but for some reason my computer(s) have real trouble with this forum. It logs out of my account after every post, & I have to delete cookies & log back in every time. Sometimes the forum fails to load or directs me to other northern soundsource forums! :S

But I lurk around this community a bit since posting is difficult - & I must say you're an awfully talented bunch. I've heard some very inspiring stuff here. I will be sure to post some music once I a) work out this volume problem... & b) work out how to make MP3's! lol

awesome... It must be pointed out I bought the older version

also will I lose my GPO studio files if I uninstall the program to get the update?

a) We are working on that now

b) Download Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net). Once installed (both versions work), download http://www.webhostxpress.net/%7Emitiok/lame-3.91.1.zip and extract lame_enc.dll to somewhere on your harddrive. Remember where you put it. The first time you go to extract a MP3 in audacity, it will ask for the lame_enc.dll. Just select it and you can export MP3s. So then, you just open your music in audacity, you can make some changes, and then you can export it.
    Colton J. Provias
    Full-stack Web Developer

Quote Originally Posted by echoes
    awesome... It must be pointed out I bought the older version

also will I lose my GPO studio files if I uninstall the program to get the update?
    No, you will not lose any files. They are not attached directly to the program.
    Colton J. Provias
    Full-stack Web Developer

oaky doak... so uninstall gpo studio... download update... then reinstall?

No, the update for Studio is actually the latest version of studio. It will install Studio, no need to reinstall your version.
    Colton J. Provias
    Full-stack Web Developer

Go Back to forum