Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Barry Bignold Grooves with JABB Brass

Share/Bookmark

Barry Bignold Grooves with JABB Brass

Barry does it again!

This will put anyone in a happy mood

Here is his latest:

http://www.garritan.com/JABB/JABBDem...ealTrack16.mp3

I just love your work Barry. The brass work is outstanding.

Thanks for sending this in. Please keep them coming!

Gary

Re: Barry Bignold Grooves with JABB Brass

Wow! Chops -- Barry's the man...

This is excellent!

Fantastic clarity in the mix, super arrangement -- the full package.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thanks guys!!!

What I was trying to get here was the sound of a bunch of guys who play together lots, play really tight but have never put pen to paper for a proper arrangement. It's always been a sound I like, you know, people cross each others' lines, hit a unison here and there but there's a real soul. That's not to say I don't like it all nice and tidy sometimes, but it's nice to get a 'liveness'.
    JABB has become my frontline brass section which I can't live without!

regards

Barrie

This track was one of those 'can we have just one more track because we've used this one to death' moments.
    If anyone's remotely interested the series that all the funky Jabb stuff was written for starts on BBC TV in the UK on the 12th of June.

This leads me to the exciting thought, has anybody out there beaten me to using JABB for the first time on UK television?

Any other contenders for the crown?

Hope not!!!!

BB

Thumbs up Re: Barry Bignold Grooves with JABB Brass

Quote Originally Posted by BarrieB
    This track was one of those 'can we have just one more track because we've used this one to death' moments.
    If anyone's remotely interested the series that all the funky Jabb stuff was written for starts on BBC TV in the UK on the 12th of June.

This leads me to the exciting thought, has anybody out there beaten me to using JABB for the first time on UK television?

Any other contenders for the crown?

Hope not!!!!

BB
    Barry,
    Will there be a way to tune in on the internet to the show? Or perhaps a way to buy a copy. I sure would like to see it.

I do believe you are the first one to use JABB on a UK television show!!!

That calls for a celebration!

Best,

Gary Garritan

Gary,

I'm unsure about the final tx details, I think it's BBC 1 but I don't have a time yet. I assume you can get BBC TV on sat channels in the US (?). But I'm sure I can get you a DVD at the very least.

I'm really excited if I really am the first!! Cool!!

Barrie

Barrie - great sound!

What is the programme called?
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Richard, it's a fun bit of daytime trash called 'Don't Get Done Get Dom'..... (slight pause for disbelieving reaction and intake of breath... a job's a job after all..)
    Presented by Dominic Collingwood (short bald headed cocky cockney chappie who goes in for shiny tan leather jackets and white jeans... hence the 70's reference!) it's a consumer champion programme ranging from how to blag the cheapest price for a 40 in Plasma screen, to helping a disabled couple who were royally ripped off by a well known travel firm.
    It won't get me to Hollywood, but it's rare on daytime to find an excuse for such outrageous music and I've had fun - can you tell? Producers tend to go for the same old tired, safe invisible stuff. I always try to push the boat out a bit further - I'll end up falling in, I guess.

But if I can get JABB on the box before anyone else, hey that's almost better than an Ivor Novello Award nomination!!!!!

I'll let you know when I have proper TX details so you can stay in and skive Richard!!

BB

Hi Barry - that's neat!

I work from home anyway so I'll be able to tune in!
    Well done!
    Cheers
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jonray
    Hi Barry - that's neat!

I work from home anyway so I'll be able to tune in!
    Well done!
    Cheers
    Jon
    Hi Jon..

now don't you get over excited now!! You can watch 'Found' at 9.15 on BBC 1 all this week, that's one of mine - dark and contemporary, very different from all this nonsense, and 'Return to Tuscany' on BBC 2 at 3.00 pm for the next few weeks, Tuscan rural band with a twist is the best I can do to describe it!
    There you are, you can watch telly all week in the name of research!!

regards

Barrie

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast