• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help! L2 demos for Vienna VI expired and now i can't access my songs!

Share/Bookmark

Help! L2 demos for Vienna VI expired and now i can't access my songs!

Hi,

I tried the extended library out to see if I really needed it for Pop/R&B production. It's great but not worth the extra coin for me - I'd rather get more instruments:
    )

So, not realizing the demo period was expiring, I tried to open a song that used some of the L2 articulations and it crashes. I recieved one error stating the license was expired, but now nothing happens.

I simply want to take out the L2 articulations from the tracks and use the standard library. How can i do this?

Just to add to the fun, I was able to open a new instance of the VI but there are no patches. I rescanned the library with the mangaer, but no luck.

Help! I'm in the middle of doing a CD and I can't work at all - and i have a whole day scheduled in the studio!!

Thanks for your help.

Matt Dean

Re: Help! L2 demos for Vienna VI expired and now i can't access my songs!

Hi Matt - You better ask at the VSL forum. No one here will likely have a clue how to assist you, including myself

Hey,

that's what I did, but I was in a bind and didn't know ho wlong it would take to get an answer. Actually, I still haven't had a response from that forum, but I did get help from VSL support.

Sorry for you mattdean,

I'm a VI user & have both licences (standard+extended).
    The only way out of the hell is to set up new instruments using standard matrixes.
    And last but not least it does cost less time then waiting for an answer of the forum.

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Hi Jovan,

That was what I was trying to do, but i couldn't even access the software to do it! I finally am able to do that now. Got it working and I can replace the L2 articulations with the L1's.

Cheers!

I have given your post a friendly bump at the VSL forum

Thanks, I saw that, that was thoughtful. As I said over there, I'm back to abnormal now.

Cheers!

What I'm wondering is will the level 2 instruments load (currently expired)when I open the sequence again? (waiting for license) I would hate to have to figure out all those articulations again. I made sure not to "save" the sequence with L2 expired.

Your matricies will load exactly as you set them up - with the L2 articulations in the cells you placed them in. They simply won't play. That way you can replace them with the L1 articulations that are similar. I now have my system back up and that was how it was.

Thanks Matt, very good news.

Go Back to forum